Completed eForm 1 for my Mini Draco SBR tonight

First time using the eForms, so it took me a bit.  I got confused with the attachments part.  I was trying to upload my trust pdf's to the line item attachments.  Once I figured out where they went, everything went smooth.  I am planning on using the US Machineguns Mini-Draco stock adapter and Galil stock instead of messing with changing rear trunnions. 

photobucket-5545-1345312997772.jpg

DSC00094.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I've been meaning to ask someone who owns a mini - is there enough space on that gas tube for an upper handguard retainer? I'd love to own one eventually, but I'm not fond of the Galil-esque handguard - I'd much rather have a separate upper and lower wooden handguard, and eventually, a fixed wood stock.

I've been meaning to ask someone who owns a mini - is there enough space on that gas tube for an upper handguard retainer? I'd love to own one eventually, but I'm not fond of the Galil-esque handguard - I'd much rather have a separate upper and lower wooden handguard, and eventually, a fixed wood stock.

Not really. The gas tube is only 1 3/4" long on the mini draco. I am in the middle of the same process, trying to figure out how I want to deal with the front hand guard set up. I want wood, just trying to figure out how to best accomplish a two piece hand guard set up. I am going to use a custom 6 degree wedge made from Delron to correct angle of the rear trunnion and line up the stock with the barrel. Already cut down an Ace stock to 7" to get the length of pull I wanted with the ace folding adapter. Mock up below until the tax stamp is processed:

post-37530-0-59667900-1418756750_thumb.jpg

post-37530-0-85855700-1418756866_thumb.jpg

To the OP, congratulations on the Form 1. Your build plan looks great.

To the OP.. Attachments go at the last page.. not during the 'item' page.. some do it on the item page.. the directions as I were told say on the 'last' page that allows uploads.

Just an FYI note.. nice plans and items here as well guys/gals..

Just did my 2nd SBR (this one was and 11.5" AR15, last one was a M92PV)  :)

To the OP.. Attachments go at the last page.. not during the 'item' page.. some do it on the item page.. the directions as I were told say on the 'last' page that allows uploads.

Yeah, that's what I figured out at the end of doing that one. It just wasn't clear at the time being my first one. I have already sent in one more eForm for a 8.5" AR last week, and it's must easier the second time. On the mini, it's been roughly 31 days so hopefully it's close to being approved unless the Christmas holidays delay it with them taking vacations or something. I look forward to seeing what some of you guys come up with for wood options, I am happy with my Midwest Ind rail.

Some guy on arfcom did it by cutting down and rewelding a rear sight base. Looks sweet.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_98/138195_my_mini_project__now_finished_.html

I saw that post in my research for a two piece handguard on the mini. Have to give him kudos on originality and thinking outside the box, but that is much more work than I am ready to expend. I am about too give up and go the micro Galil route.

• 5 months later...

Got my approval email back with my digital form/stamp. I am not too crazy about the ol' print out approval. Has anyone here done eforms and requested a real form and stamp successfully?

Edited by BB1980
  • 3 weeks later...

Good question.  My local class 3 gun shop is trying to go the electroinical route.  We will see.  I for one kinda like the old fashioned tax stamp.  Copies of such are at home, the safe, the lawyer and accompany the stuff where ever.  The originals are in the Safe Deposit Box.  What will or do we get instead of a tax stamp?  Some sort of form letter only?  Kinda makes me for one non easy.  HB

Good question.  My local class 3 gun shop is trying to go the electroinical route.  We will see.  I for one kinda like the old fashioned tax stamp.  Copies of such are at home, the safe, the lawyer and accompany the stuff where ever.  The originals are in the Safe Deposit Box.  What will or do we get instead of a tax stamp?  Some sort of form letter only?  Kinda makes me for one non easy.  HB

It's the form, but where the stamp would go is a digital image of a stamp behind the words up in that corner of the form. The approval signature is a digital copy as well.

• Like 1