Hello I am new here. I just bought a Saiga rifle. How good are these rifles in terms of durability? My friend has one and he seems to like it. I have seen a few at the range as well and they all seem pretty solid. Everybody had these peices of plastic in the receiver though, I have never seen that done before. What the hell is that thing? I am also wondering what is the highest round count anyone has put on a saiga ak here at this forum? Thanks for having me.

tinfoilhat.gif SS

Can I call em or what...............

I wonder how long it will take for meltdown this time.....

zagumennyyilya, on 23 Nov 2014 - 9:43 PM, said:snapback.png

zagumennyyilya, on 23 Nov 2014 - 9:43 PM, said:zagumennyyilya, on 23 Nov 2014 - 9:43 PM, said:zagumennyyilya, on 23 Nov 2014 - 9:43 PM, said:zagumennyyilya, on 23 Nov 2014 - 9:43 PM, said:

Spies!! Those finger typing internet mall protecting ninjas..... all i aim to be once i finish my tactical 3 scope, 2 granade, 4 laser, 2 IR illuminating saiga in the wopping man stopping, brick busting, 1000 yard zero drop 7.62 saiga!!!

I have heard of this before; Mall Ninja. What is that?

Edited by AA re-cvrd

Welcome to the fun and madness of Saiga ownership. Welcome also to this cool, neat, non formal and very matter of fact Saiga Forum. Most of us here have Saiga stuff. I have about 1000 rounds each through my S12 and S308. Zero stoppages.

You will have fun here. I for one find more intelligent answers here than I do in many other "intellectual" professional forums. Us is smart. About the only thing "bad" I can think of right now is the lack of certain critical Saiga spare parts. None.

HB of CJ (old coot) S12 and S308 Bolt heads, extractors, firing pins. Soon to be addressed. Also be aware that right now, no more Saigas are being imported due President Obama who is not popular here as one can predict. Welcome aboard.

Edit: You are not some Commie or Govment spy are you? smile.png

Edited by HB of CJ

I am finding that hard to believe. 800,000 rounds. Are you going to say thats on one barrel too. Sorry that just sounds obseard. Seriously guys, I have heard that the saiga ak is the least durable out of all ak's which had to come from some arsenal biased person because its a russian ak, right. Before I get this thing converted by a friend of mine I just want to know if there is anything about the durability I should know otherwise I may just keep it stock and sell it on gunbroker when they are worth a bunch of money.

Spies!! Those finger typing internet mall protecting ninjas..... all i aim to be once i finish my tactical 3 scope, 2 granade, 4 laser, 2 IR illuminating saiga in the wopping man stopping, brick busting, 1000 yard zero drop 7.62 saiga!!!

I am finding that hard to believe. 800,000 rounds. Are you going to say thats on one barrel too. Sorry that just sounds obseard. Seriously guys, I have heard that the saiga ak is the least durable out of all ak's which had to come from some arsenal biased person because its a russian ak, right. Before I get this thing converted by a friend of mine I just want to know if there is anything about the durability I should know otherwise I may just keep it stock and sell it on gunbroker when they are worth a bunch of money.

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/... pleases don't drink while reading... or invest in a keyboard cover.

Your coming in asking a question very similar to an individual whom, is in effect like the one mentioned I the link I posted.

Now you might be completely serious..if so forgive us..and laugh along. It's fun. To answer your question Saigas are Russian AK's some with a little neutering before import. They're just as tough as their full auto counter parts and good for literally tens of thousands of rounds.

• Like 1

Yeah, you better sell it now, most saigas shoot bout a hundred rounds b4 the barrel falls off, cant keep mags in them either, fall right out.. Cheap Russian Junk...!!! Buy an Chinese Ak, and find a new friend.

Somebody on the board would probably give you a couple hundred to take that off your hands, it'll make you feel better.

Taurus is making some new semi-guns you might be interested in...

big_smile.gif

Like poolingmyignorance said, a Saiga is of the same quality as the AKMs the Russians have for their standard issue rifles. Want to know why? Its made in the same damn factory on the same damn machines using the same damn tools!cool.png

My Saiga .223 literally never had a fail to eject/feed or fire. I shot 6 different .223/5.56 rounds through it with a few hundred rounds a piece. Saiga 12's on the other hand can be finicky out of the both, but the rifles are, again, made with the same stuff as the Ruskie service rifles.

If you get a Saiga rifle, it's functional lifespan will literally outlast you or anyone on this forum barring neglect!

Ok good I like to hear that. So whats up with these blue plastics these people are using. Someone at the range was telling me something that the russians use them in their aks so that why he was. i am pretty mechanically inclined but I cannot figure out what those are for. Yes I am serious please forgive me, I am new to this style of rifle.

Ok good I like to hear that. So whats up with these blue plastics these people are using. Someone at the range was telling me something that the russians use them in their aks so that why he was. i am pretty mechanically inclined but I cannot figure out what those are for. Yes I am serious please forgive me, I am new to this style of rifle.

Probably recoil buffers, and they're really not necessary. If you've got some after market build AK with a way oversized gas port...you might need one. Most times, they're a solution looking for a problem.

Yep Original barrel and everything. I get about 12' groups at 100 yards Edited by Redrum4u
  • Like 1

I bought a S12 about a year ago and it didn't even have a buffer! I paid 4k online in an auction and the guy said it had every option. Top of the line Chinese scope and furniture, round multi shell drum clips, extended-back pistol grip to leave room to get your gloves in between the trigger and the clip, adjustable tactical plastic light weight two position butt stock. You know the best. Also do any of you have trouble with cycling low brass? big_smile.gif

Hugh, You must have bought the Pre-mo Chinese Build...!!!! You'll be the Envy of the Saiga Forums... When can you post the picks, hopefully sometime soon cuz most here probably have chubbies just imagining what it looks like. Does it have multiple lasers/rangefinders...??

My NIB S12 cycles low brass easily when I run the 36rd stick clips..

Don't forget, pictures please...greedy.gif

And AA, that pic is NASTY....!!!!!!

Edited by SmilinEd