How does it fire with the factory magazine and the same ammunition? They do have a 5 year warranty so send it back if it's a NOGO.

Or, you could file it slightly to remove any burrs that were left from the factory or just go shoot the shit out of it instead of hand cycling and over thinking it?

I have only noticed it while hunting where I am putting the initial round into the chamber. I have not been able to cycle through this mag yet. OEM mag does leave a mark on the shell, but much smaller and less noticeable. It is definitely worse when I slowly chamber the round rather than allowing the spring to slam it in.

S12 isn't a gun for slow loading and quiet interactions. Yes, you can hunt with it. It is an AK at heart and the meat and bones of it is down and dirty trudging through mud and dirt. If you just let it rip you likely wouldn't have any issues. My suggestion would be to find a better shotgun for your hunt more suited to the task. Maybe a pump or over under for your hunts and the S12 for fun and when the packs of wild hogs try to tear ass into your yard  

If your trying to load a saiga-12 quietly, open the bolt and drop a shell down the barrel, then close the bolt and insert the magazine on a closed bolt.. Makes less noise than racking the action.

You can do the same with a pump shotgun, open the action, drop a round in the pipe and then close gently and fill the tube.

• Like 1

Most of our deer drives produce semi close range shots at running deer in the woods. I can't think of a better weapon than my converted saiga. I got to open her up today. Worked like a dream. It was all ado about nothing. She cycled like a dream. Thanks for all the responses.

Edited by tstubs