LEO and Military members, what's your take on Ferguson

I've posted it before that my brother is retired LEO, I received this in an email from him but I think he posted it on facebook and found it interesting. Just wondering how the rest of you in the trenches feel about how things are happening. These were his thoughts at the time.

"ALL eyes from around the world are upon us and it doesn't look good. WE allowed all this looting and arson, vandalism, and what ever the protesters wanted to do, to take place. There should have been arrested from the get go when they broke the windows out of the police car and tried to push it over. Police officers should have been patrolling strategic locations in and around town in marked and un-marked police cars so they could handle the looting and arson that was to follow. Nixon should have activated the National Guard immediately. We were caught with our pants down and looked like a bunch of rookies afraid to do anything. If WE allow this to occur what's next.? This is nothing more than an act of Terrorism and should be dealt with accordingly. Intelligence personnel should view as many video tapes as they can to ID these individuals and make as may arrests as they can to show them that we will NOT put up with any of this. ALL I hear on the news by the powers that be is "I never thought or expected this to happen" . I was always told to expect the un-expected and to prepare for the worst case scenario..this made us all look stupid. A police car burned and NOBODY did anything to put it out...they all have fire extinguishers. Nobody acted. By the time those cars are marked and complete they're probably about 50 grand. At least 2 burned up...this scenario cost the state millions of dollars when it was all done and it's still not over believe me. I know it's easy to sit back and second guess what happened, but I hope they learn from this mistake and take appropriate action for the next wave. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. What in the hell were the National Guard doing while all this was going on? If you don't want anarchy and angry people arming themselves to protect their property, stores, etc.. then you need to do what is ever necessary to protect citizens and property. If it means having as many police that we can muster from in and around the state under pose commatatus or instilling Martial Law with curfews imposed then so be it. These are NOT peaceful protesters these are terrorist. I've read a lot of comments on Facebook and try not to put in my two cents, but this War on our own turf and cannot be tolerated. This is no longer about "Michael Brown". These are Morons with Mob mentality without a justifiable cause, and must be dealt with accordingly. Yes it would have been nice to see everybody holding hands and singing and chanting Coumbaya, but that's not going to happen.  Wake up America!!!"

Always been proud of my brother, he was a good MP&Copper, friend and role model032.gif 

My opinion is that the whole effort by law enforcement was a total fail, not on the officers part but on leadership.

If the protesters AKA criminals, were anything but black, it would have never been allowed to continue.

This nation needs to get past the false racism claims from groups that use it as an excuse for all kinds of failures as well as to mask or excuse criminal behavior

The truth may not be pretty, but its still the truth.

Minorities need to be held to the same standards as all other citizens , and not allowed to deflect their responsibilities, moral, legal and financial onto the backs of hard working honest citizens.

I have to assume law enforcement had been neutered by pressure from the presidents people, DOJ, and the governor on down  . 

Well, the death threats by gangs (gangster disciples, probably others, too) toward all police and COs are popping up here in NY and I hear in NJ, too. Not to thrilled about having to deal with that again. SNAFU. 

I'd be taking any identifying window stickers off my vehicles if they wore any. 

Meh, all Western based cultures are turning into big pussies.  Look how much trouble Britain, France and Germany are having with the Turks and Muslims living in their respective countries now just because they cater to their every whim or perceived offence. rolleyes.gif

My Mom (who's Austrian) was telling us how the dumb ass "Progressive" Austrian youth were trying to get a sporting stadium there renamed from Arnold Schwartzenegger (I think? unsure.png (not exactly a great role model there himself laugh.png )) to one honoring Mumia Abul-Jabar (the suspected Philly Cop killer of Ofc. Daniel Faulkner) when she was over there a few years back visiting her relatives.

Edited by Gaddis

I'm with Doc, this  clearly isn't a military problem. asshole rioters is clearly  a police problem and civilian leadership problem. if they can't handle it, it's time for them to turn in their badges and cushy jobs and find a  new line of work more suited to them, like  in the fast food industry. but,  I have this hunch they would fail miserably at that as well

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

I was talking to a cowerker who is a retired Marine and part-time LEO.  He said take a close look at Ferguson, starting with the split-screen Obama speech.  The entire thing was planned months ago.  The verdict was the trigger, and Obama gave the word go.  He said look real close when Obama said violence was not the answer.  That's when the crowd went ape. 

He also said it isn't limited to Ferguson, but we have a relatively small black pop here, so they would definitely have to bus in protestors here.  Trick is, too many vets call this place home, and would turn Ferguson into Wounded Knee real fast.

• Like 2

From an LEO perspective, it's damn sad what has been allowed to go on there. I agree with what someone else said about the local leo being neutered by higher ups. Too much "tolerance" is given for the clearly intolerant. It has to stop but as soon as it does, the race baiters will swoop in pretty quickly.

My tinfoil theory is that it was organized by the same communist organization that runs the democrats. Not sure why but it is usually to push an agenda or distract the low information television heads. Perhaps it was designed to keep our attention on the planned riots instead of the oil war we are in with OPEC and the Saudi? They are actively trying to shut down North Dakota and Texas by selling cheap barrels of oil. The other OPEC countries were told to slow down production. Their goal is to make oil too expensive to produce over here so we can become dependent again.

Or, it could be a distraction from failed wars, new wars and Russia kicking ass over the Ukraine.

The organizers were well documented. They had plenty of time to plan this. They promoted violence and crime. How lovely.

Police that deal with the general public have skills that I will never have and I respect what they can do, they have an extremely difficult job. If it was my call I'd offer overtime for every available max security corrections officer in the state. In a riot you need law enforcement that are experienced brawlers that won't hesitate to walk into that kind of fight. 500 to 1000 officers from places where YOT and I work would end that riot shortly after it started. It wouldn't be pretty or PC but it would get done.

• Like 1

Police that deal with the general public have skills that I will never have and I respect what they can do, they have an extremely difficult job. If it was my call I'd offer overtime for every available max security corrections officer in the state. In a riot you need law enforcement that are experienced brawlers that won't hesitate to walk into that kind of fight. 500 to 1000 officers from places where YOT and I work would end that riot shortly after it started. It wouldn't be pretty or PC but it would get done.

Do-the-Drag-Stomp.... fun fun

• Like 1
Capt Nemo, on 28 Nov 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

No, it is a military problem.  We are sworn to defend this country from both forien and domestic enemies, and as I see it, those animals are domestic enemies!

Lock n load!  Commence fire!

Howitzers and grapeshot end riots real quick!

You do have a point there.....fukem, lock N load022.gif