• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Offici…:

I was 14 when Star Wars came out.  It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.  Empire came out when I was 17.  I saw it just before I went to boot camp.  Even better than the first.  Jedi was a st

I actually do a pretty good voice-over for chewy, my wife just rolls her eyes and shakes her head She has never seen any of the Starwars movies, she had no idea what that sound was, she still has no

Posted Images

I totally lost interest in the Star Wars brand after "Jar-Jar Binks" when they took a great sci-fi and turned it into a Saturday morning cartoon.

I tried to watch the most recent one and got bored with what seemed like hours of dribbling dialog.

The first three were good, not so much after that.

This looks cool though!

• Like 3

I totally lost interest in the Star Wars brand after "Jar-Jar Binks" when they took a great sci-fi and turned it into a Saturday morning cartoon.

I tried to watch the most recent one and got bored with what seemed like hours of dribbling dialog.

The first three were good, not so much after that.

This looks cool though!

Jar jar was a terrible idea to put in Star Wars. Hopefully Abrams will do as good on these as he did on Star Trek. I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

Interesting Sith Lightsaber too.

post-34181-0-11027200-1417200087_thumb.jpg

It'll be interesting to see the age demographics in the theaters, how many 50 something year olds...

well this 50-something, actual 58,  won't spend a penny to see it, or even watch it if it comes on TV. 1.5 hours of special effects does not make a good movie, never has and never will.

and that is all these movies now-a-days are, stupid plots,  bad acting etc..  but  throw in a lot of special effects, and morons will say, "wow, that was a great movie!".  fucking morons wouldn't  know what a good movie is if it came and bit them in the ass.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 3

I was 14 when Star Wars came out.  It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.  Empire came out when I was 17.  I saw it just before I went to boot camp.  Even better than the first.  Jedi was a step down.  The ewoks didn't completely ruin the movie but they soured the experience. 

I don't like to think about the second 3 movies.  Lusas lost his effing mind. 

I know the new trilogy will be better than those but I don't get my hopes up when it comes to movies any more.  Especially action and sci-fi.  It seems directors get so busy showing chases and explosions that they forget to tell a story.  2 hours of explosions with no interesting characters get's old quick.

• Like 4

Abrams already said that he grew up as a kid drooling over the original Star Wars movies, and has no intention of following the style of the prequels. He's said that most of the scenes will use as little CGI as possible (flight scenes notwithstanding) and that they've built full-size models of all of the ships to be used in scenes, just like the originals.

From the few scenes shown in the teaser, it really LOOKS a lot like the original films to me. That[s what fans have said over and over, and looks like they actually listened, but we'll see as time goes on and more materials are released.

Abrams also demands a bit more of actors he works with.. Lucas has no fucking clue what he was doing with actors, never has. That's why Empire Strikes Back was hands down the best episode of the originals - Lucas didn't direct it! Oh and Lawrance Kasdan, the screenplay writer for ESB and ROJ, is doing the screenplay for Ep VII, which means it probably won't suck.

If Lucas was involved, that scene with the Millennium Falcon would've had like two hundred TIE FIghters in it, not two.

I grew up watching the original movies as well and was so seriously let down when the prequels got worse and worse. Here's to hoping the new episodes stay true to the awesome that was Star Wars once upon a time...

Edited by mancat
  • Like 4

Partly because the noise used for Chewbacca in the movies is a combination of about 8 or 10 different sounds... none of them human.  ;)

I agree the new trailer looks pretty good. Except for the lightsaber with the crossguard. Several reasons that's a bad idea.

Anyone else ever notice that those long, flowing robes never get cut to ribbons during a good lightsaber duel? With all the saber-twirling, flips and kicks, they never once slice their own or their opponents' clothing!  :wacko:

The truth of the matter is... "because the Director said so."   wink.png

It was said in reference to Han Solo slicing open the Tauntaun with Luke's lightsaber, but one guy I know said this:

"You don't need to be a Jedi to use a lightsaber. You do need to be a Jedi to use a lightsaber without cutting your face off!"  :D

Edited by Ronin38
Captain Hero, on 28 Nov 2014 - 7:30 PM, said:

+1 for the Empire strikes back! Can anyone here make the Chewy noise thats actually worth a shit? I know I cant.

I actually do a pretty good voice-over for chewy, my wife just rolls her eyes and shakes her head laugh.png

She has never seen any of the Starwars movies, she had no idea what that sound was, she still has no reference for it, just thinks I'm a tard 007.gif

• Like 4

Captain Hero, on 28 Nov 2014 - 7:30 PM, said:

+1 for the Empire strikes back! Can anyone here make the Chewy noise thats actually worth a shit? I know I cant.

I actually do a pretty good voice-over for chewy, my wife just rolls her eyes and shakes her head laugh.png

She has never seen any of the Starwars movies, she had no idea what that sound was, she still has no reference for it, just thinks I'm a tard 007.gif

I can impersonate Yoda pretty fair. I cracked up a movie theater with it one time. I didn't realize I was going to be that loud.... :D

• Like 1
patriot, on 29 Nov 2014 - 8:07 PM, said:

AA re-cvrd, on 29 Nov 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

Captain Hero, on 28 Nov 2014 - 7:30 PM, said:Captain Hero, on 28 Nov 2014 - 7:30 PM, said:

I can impersonate Yoda pretty fair. I cracked up a movie theater with it one time. I didn't realize I was going to be that loud.... biggrin.png

When things get really frantic at work I'll stand in the middle of the production floor and do the chewy, its always good for laugh when everybody needs one.

I think the low point came when Jar Jar asks for a vote of no confidence in the Senate chamber. The high point came shortly after, (I think) when Natalie Portman whispered "So this is how a Republic, (or Democracy?) dies, (or falls?) through, (or with) thunderous applause?" Some help here please. She has had some great one liners in many of her films. Also nice to look at. HB of CJ (old coot) Even clothed. smile.pngsmile.png

Thank you. I was not even close. Natalie had another great epic line in the film "V is for Vendetta" at the very end of that great but very British film when she answers who "V" was. ... ... "he was you and he was me." I now wonder what other great one liners she has spoken? HB of CJ (old coot)

I'm not a Star Wars geek in that I have every figure and toy, comic book, and go to ComiCon events, etc. I just enjoyed the movies. I prefer the original Star Wars films. I'm with mancat about Abrams. I've wondered what Lucas was thinking changing the "feel" of the prequels and inserting all the cheesy C.G.I. stuff and bad acting. There is something more realistic and believable about the first three films the prequels simply don't have. Better plots too. Wow ... plots ... what a concept. 

I've also wondered why Lucas edited the heck out of the originals. For example: I remember a scene (which is also in a boyhood book of mine) where Biggs visits Luke to encourage him to join the rebellion. Whatever happened to that scene? 

As for the new light saber with a cross guard, I can only hope it means more realistic dueling moves. I am familiar with real historical medieval swordsmanship. It was vicious and makes me thankful for guns. A sword was essentially three weapons in one and its use involved learning a complex curriculum - especially in Germany and Italy. There are moves involving not only the blade, but also the cross guard and the pommel. There were moves where you use the cross guard and pommel to entangle your opponent's wrists to loosen his grip, force his sword out of his hands, and at the same time place your blade to cut his throat while tripping him over your leg. There were moves where you'd hold the blade itself so you could swing the cross guard to poke your opponent with one of the ends of the cross guard. However, I doubt you could do that with a light saber! The cross guard was often used as a fulcrum (or lever point). It had both defensive and offensive uses. 

There were actually German dueling swords with a handle in the middle of the blade. One hand would grip there and the other would grip the normal handle. Assuming Mr. Abrams and company researched how swords were really used, there might be some interesting fights. I can say Mr. Parks (Darth Maul) did a realistic job with the two-sided light saber. Classic staff moves and tactics were used. 

We'll see. Meanwhile ... I sincerely hope Carrie Fisher loses weight. 

Ethan, on 30 Nov 2014 - 8:16 PM, said:

Carrie Fisher Did lose weight

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Uuuuummmmm............I think we might have a bit of a problem, (please don't tell anyone I said this) but she doesn't look like a princess anymore amazing.gif

post-34181-0-64317800-1417396562.jpg

• Like 1

Ethan, on 30 Nov 2014 - 8:16 PM, said:

Carrie Fisher Did lose weightattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Uuuuummmmm............I think we might have a bit of a problem, (please don't tell anyone I said this) but she doesn't look like a princess anymore :amazing:

post-34181-0-64317800-1417396562.jpg

She's a politician and political figure now.