In my opinion the last two Star Trek films were very very poor indeed.  So much so I walked out of the first one after about 10 minutes and demanded ... and received another ticket to another film playing.  I was not the only one.  The second Star Trek film I rented then turned off after again about 10 minutes.  Please understand that I have read about 50 of the Star Trek books and who knows how many of the Star Wars books.  I am also somewhat of a film critic.  Also this is probably a repost.  Yikes! :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Offici…:

I was 14 when Star Wars came out.  It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.  Empire came out when I was 17.  I saw it just before I went to boot camp.  Even better than the first.  Jedi was a st

I actually do a pretty good voice-over for chewy, my wife just rolls her eyes and shakes her head She has never seen any of the Starwars movies, she had no idea what that sound was, she still has no

Posted Images

In my opinion both of the new Star Trek movies were quite good, maybe even some of the best.

The news just quoted Star Wars has pre sold more tickets than any other movie sold for its total theatrical duration.

So fucking up a ball with a feather must work pretty wellhaha.gif

So popularity equals good?

Seriously???

Never was a good indicator *cough * Adam Sandler *cough* and not lately at all. 

Im good without feeding the the holliwierd  machine of the mediocre where pretty lights and loud noises pass for quality.

They can do well without my dime.

Well cod liver oil is supposed to be good,   and its not very popular.

If the intent of the film is to make a profit,  It looks like it will be in spades.

I will let the critics voice their opinions, as if i were to give a darn.

When I choose to see it, I will form my own opinion.

I hope its a good film, not too PG11 with fuzzy crap.

PS a friend of mine says "there is a butt for every seat"....but I think its because he drives a hudsonhaha.gif

• Like 2

What does that even mean

Never did make any sense just counted it as more ignorant crap from that culture.

It will make tons of money, just none of it will be mine.

Guess another one was just needed to prevent the moon from crashing into the earth or something right, I mean its that important from the hoopla.

Enjoy the movie.

bad_smile.gif

One thing I have heard is that Abrams is not really a Star Trek fan, but that he was a huge Star Wars fan as a kid. Stuff like having the majority of the sets and models (e.g. the full Millennium Falcon set/model is real and based on the original sets) be real rather than CGI gives me pretty good hope that a lot of the typical Abrams stuff won't be happening.

And the screenplay is written by Lawrence Kasdan, the writer of Empire Strikes back - arguably the best movie in the entire SW series - and Return of the Jedi.

To me it looks like Abrams really wanted to address everything that people hated about the prequels.. Hopefully that turns out to be true. I'll find out on Monday.

Edited by mancat

I don't care if it was Kahn or the hair ball tribles.  Anything Star Trek is great...I really miss a weekly series show.  MOF, most of my life there was always a Star Trek series on TV.  So I will take what I can get and be happy.  Star Wars is fine, at least it is Sci Fi.  Just hated the Ewok pole smokers and Ja-Ja Binks. 

Am I the only one that is looking forward to about a week from now, when the media blitz for this movie dies down? It hasn't even been released yet and I can't stand it. (I will probably rent it once it's on dvd. Just can't really get immersed in a movie in a theater any more.) You can't watch TV or listen to the radio without seeing/hearing a commercial for it.

• Like 1

I find it hard to watch movies at the theatre anymore, I am to busy watching points of entry and egress. Never can relax enough to enjoy the movie even if it is good.

Exactly my point. Might as well watch it at home. Cheaper that way as well. Not to mention, I can pause the movie when I want.

• Like 1

I go to the theater a couple of times a year for movies that deserve the big screen.  I am more concerned about assholes talking or texting during the movie than I am about "active shooters".  My chances of dying from a drunk driver on the way home are far higher than my odds of being shot in the theater. 

It's not a safe world and we're all going to die of something.  Might as well live until then.

• Like 2

Watched it last night; loved it.

It felt like seeing an old, good friend one more time.

I saw the first Star Wars in the 1970s, as a 12 year old.

The first one was a jaw-dropper! The tone and the music were exquisite, a true work of art, at the time!

I can't wait to see this one!

Edited by Sim_Player

Saw it yesterday, it was awesome, it's the Star Wars movie I've been waiting for for years. Abrams didn't screw it up, everything I can think of was done right.. It felt more like a Star Wars movie than any of the prequels ever did. Abrams even kept a lot of the old school scene wipes, used a ton of puppets and animatronics for most of the aliens, rather than horrible CGI. The few CGI characters there are aren't over the top and done pretty well.

My only complaint was that the casting for Kylo Ren was horrible. Not going to spoil anything, but after you realize who he is supposed to be in the movie, you'll agree.

• Like 1

Saw it yesterday, it was awesome, it's the Star Wars movie I've been waiting for for years. Abrams didn't screw it up, everything I can think of was done right.. It felt more like a Star Wars movie than any of the prequels ever did. Abrams even kept a lot of the old school scene wipes, used a ton of puppets and animatronics for most of the aliens, rather than horrible CGI. The few CGI characters there are aren't over the top and done pretty well.

My only complaint was that the casting for Kylo Ren was horrible. Not going to spoil anything, but after you realize who he is supposed to be in the movie, you'll agree.

The movie was awesome and did justice to the original Star Wars, but I couldn't agree more on the casting of Kylo Ren. It is hard to be intimidated by someone you suspect is 25 years old and still lives in his parent's basement playing video games all day. When someone asks you to take off your mask, just say no.

The movie was awesome and did justice to the original Star Wars, but I couldn't agree more on the casting of Kylo Ren. It is hard to be intimidated by someone you suspect is 25 years old and still lives in his parent's basement playing video games all day. When someone asks you to take off your mask, just say no.

I expected him to look kind of intimidating or have a fucked up face, not look like the guy behind the Subway counter.

• Like 2