Youth, Cricket single shot in .17hmr....

WalMart will order it for you out of their catalog if its available.

I know a lot of people dislike WalMart.

But WalMart has a catalog of all their vendor's offerings, can check availability & order it.

Just ask at the sports counter.

Edited by ChileRelleno

I think Cricket only does a 22 LR and 22 WMR.

I went with a Thompson Center Hot Shot in 22 LR for my boy. Very happy with it.

At the time Thompson was supposedly working on 17 replacement barrel for it but I don't know if it ever became reality.

Looks like Rossi has a break action single shot in .17hmr, that's youth sized, for about ~$145. Two piece furniture tho, was wanting to find a youth sized .17 with a full length walnut Monte carlo stock.

Just checked out Hickok's video, not quite what I'm after.

My little girl isn't even 14 months yet but I want to get something now, while prices are low and available, then introduce her to it at about 4yrs old. My full size XT-17v will be way to big for her to be comfortable with it at that age.

Haven't seen any actual Cricket branded .22wmr models. I could handle that caliber too, I'd like to stick with one of the two rimfire calibers that I own, 22wmr or 17hmr.

Okay, KSA (Cricket) has some nice models in 22wmr.

Edited by Mullet Man

Looks like Rossi has a break action single shot in .17hmr, that's youth sized, for about ~$145.

Shows on their website as a discontinued item.  Maybe somebody still has one in stock or find one used.

IIRC the Rossi is a copy of the H&R Handi Rifle. I looked at the H&R 17 but they wanted more than I wanted to spend. Plus it's kind of heavy for youth rifle. Obviously anything in break action will have a two part stock.

Cricket has whole line chambered in WMR. Check out their website.

IIRC the Rossi is a copy of the H&R Handi Rifle. I looked at the H&R 17 but they wanted more than I wanted to spend. Plus it's kind of heavy for youth rifle. Obviously anything in break action will have a two part stock.

Cricket has whole line chambered in WMR. Check out their website.

Yeah, slim to no pickings for what i'd like in .17, is making the 22mag look like a better option. I feel like the .17 would provide a better shooting experience for a young beginner simply because of how easy it is to shoot with extreme accuracy. But I could be splitting hairs.