Great clip! Loved the movie. It doesn't matter if it is a phone, gun or fucking happy meal. I will get what I paid for, I will not be lied to and nothing is done about it, and if I am 100% right I will not stop until I am satisfied. You don't want cable or a cell phone? Great fucking deal for you. But the companies get away with it if EVERYONE just walks away and plays dead. I won't just walk away as I am teaching my children to stand their ground as well. I have made a lot of progress and will post the final results. A very nice person on howard forums tweeted my letter to the ceo of T-Mobile. Amazing the shit that has only happened in a few days. Sad that it had to get that far.

• Like 1

Evil

How does that phone work on a loaded network...ie rush hour, large public event? I have heard that the major carriers throttle back the prepaid phones once the network reaches capacity?

Phone has been fine. I would estimate 5 dropped calls per month, but I think it has more to do with the area I am in when that happens (home, lol). Internet has been good, for the most part, except in one area where I have a couple of pool jobs going on near the coast. I started those jobs with AT&T and it wasn't great there either. I try to stay away from large public events these days, so I can't offer anything there. It works great where I spend most of my time and AT&T barely worked there at all, so I am happy with it. The most important thing about using Straight Talk is to do some research about highest rated carriers in the area you will use it in the most, then figure out the coding on the boxes that the phones come in. IIRC, the last letter in the code on the box is the carrier (V=Verizon, A=AT&T, T=TMobile, etc). As cheap as it is, it makes sense to buy the appropriate supported phone and give it a whirl. If it doesn't cut it, sell the phone after the service month runs out and suffer no contractual consequence. That is how I saw it, but I ended up being happier with it than AT&T contract service.

^Thanks for the info. That sounds more like local network holes more than anything else. The good news is all 4 of the major carriers are upgrading their networks at an unprecedented pace. So much so that getting materials, lines, antennas, and radios is my biggest hurdle. We finished a new site for one of the big 4 last week, within 10 seconds of the site being on air it had 100 devices hit the site.

They are not really towers. Its a briefcase size box...The Stingray and other IMSI devices have been around for years, mid 2000s It is my understanding that Harris Corp, they developed the 1st one, and the other manufacturers are only allowed to sell them to LEO and the other alphabet agencies. My take is if they are found its LEO of some sort regardless of what the press release says. If you are in a know 4G area and you notice your phone throttle back to only 3G....turn it off its a dead giveaway your phone is handed off to one.

• Like 2

^Thanks for the info. That sounds more like local network holes more than anything else. The good news is all 4 of the major carriers are upgrading their networks at an unprecedented pace. So much so that getting materials, lines, antennas, and radios is my biggest hurdle. We finished a new site for one of the big 4 last week, within 10 seconds of the site being on air it had 100 devices hit the site.

Goodbye CDMA!

Good for you. Hate you had to go thru all that to get results....I dont participate in social media but is amazing how big companies will bend over backwards to correct something once it hits the tweetishpere...

A little progress.  My Note Edge will be at my house today and my wife's iPhone will be here between Friday and Monday.  So shit did happen, and rather quickly. 

• Like 2
Just a update. We have received both of our phones, per the promise of the regional manager and numerous correspondence and phone calls from the T-Mobile Executive Office. So...stand for what you believe in and hold them to their words.

Good job staying on top of them.

Too bad it took thumb screws and the Spanish Inquisition to get it done.

You are correct. If I told you what I went thru a year ago which actually ended with a 'manager' getting canned, you would think I was lying.  They did to until the listened to the tapes and read the transcripts.  Either way, I am out of energy now and hopefully my battles are done for until after Christmas.  :)  This crap will get to you. 

• Like 1

Yes Sir we did.  Received the Note Edge last Thursday and my Wife's iPhone 6 Friday.  Very pleasantly surprise.  Though this is far above what I was expecting, all I wanted was the truth and not be lied to, over, and over, and over.  Was it worth it?  I would say maybe, but if my experience helps anyone, then yes. Plus the look on my wife's face was wonderful!

• Like 1