What are people buying on Black Friday??

My buddy's shop was jammed yesterday. I stopped in and he said NICS was IMPOSSIBLE to get through to. Al he got was a busy signal for most of the day. A few got through. The rest were either lost sales due to NICS being inaccessible or layaways. 

NICS cost him tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue yesterday because they weren't keeping up with the demand.

I call that interfering with commerce.

• Like 3

Same thing here.  Went by the local joint yesterday to pick up some ammo/mags I'd ordered, and even the on-line NCIC system was backed up.  He had it crash several times while I was there.  He did tell everyone making a purchase he'd honor the Black Friday price if they came back next week to do the check. 

• Like 1

He had it crash several times while I was there.  He did tell everyone making a purchase he'd honor the Black Friday price if they came back next week to do the check. 

That's good business.

• Like 1

This means saving lives and protecting people from harm -- by not letting guns fall into the wrong hands," FBI Manager Kimberly Del Greco said in a statement. "It also ensures the timely transfer of firearms to eligible gun buyers."

I take issue with the first sentence.

• Like 1

Got appliances ordered the weekend before got that 24month financing I wanted(just do it to hold onto my money more), bought a few toys for the little man, and bought some clothes that the wife needed and I did as well.  No big frivolous spending, bought a 5ft step ladder from Lowes for $19.  Its not a 6ft one but I can put the wife on my 6ft one and I can stand on the 5ft one to do what we need.  Now if only fleet farm would have had a 24ft extension ladder then the 20ft one I would have bought that as I need one that will make it to the 2nd story roof.

• Like 1

2 AR lowers for $48 ea, another for $65. 3 $29 stripped uppers, pistol buffers , bcgs, etc. 3 AR pistol barrels: 9mm, .223 and 300BLK.

And LOTS of stuff to finish them..... Also got 500rds of Fiocchi .300 blackout ammo.

Went to the local pawn to pick up one of my lowers and the company sent the wrong engraving. I bought the Spikes Tactical "Jolly Roger" and they sent the one with a "Punisher" logo by mistake. I've got to get that straightened out. I also got two new Promag Saiga 12, 12 round drums for $35 each.