Sign in to follow this  
in4speed98

Looking for Catamount Fury 3 info

If they're converting, it's the same shoulder busting stock as my Century built S12 had.  That stock belongs on a .22LR and not a 12 gauge. 

• Like 1

They show steel slugs, does this mean the 3 can actually safely run steel?

Steel shot through chokes is a whole other animal than steel slugs. the steel slugs have a band of plastic molded on to them to allow them to safely squish through chokes.

I thought the "no steel" issue because the barrels were made of inferior metal that the steel shot could damage? Granted I didn't scour the interwebs over them once I saw the Fury IIs were not wonderful miracle discount Saigas without the famous name, but from what I  read it was that they barrels were too soft.

I haven't heard of a Fury 3.  Period.  There are pics of something called a Fury 3, but the importer is only selling the Fury 1 and 2.

Mine is incredibly reliable.  It does not like low-brass, yet, but I have already ordered the CSS 4-way gas regulator.  We'll see what that does.  On high brass it runs like a top.  I'd also avoid "low-recoil".  Like any weapon, if you bet your @$$ on it, it better work, and it's your responsibility to prove it with your EDC loads.

Cat 12, that has to be THE most accessorized Fury int he world!  Well done!

Edited by InTTruder

I thought the "no steel" issue because the barrels were made of inferior metal that the steel shot could damage? Granted I didn't scour the interwebs over them once I saw the Fury IIs were not wonderful miracle discount Saigas without the famous name, but from what I  read it was that they barrels were too soft.

It's usually about the chokes, not the barrels.  Even US-made chokes (see Carlson's) cite concerns running steel shot through them.

The barrels HAVE to pass proofing tests.  Soft is relative I opine.

Bird shot is in a plastic shot cup. There's no direct contact with the barrel anyway.

And many slugs have a band/bourrelet to deal with chokes.  It's relative.

Bird shot is in a plastic shot cup. There's no direct contact with the barrel anyway.

And many slugs have a band/bourrelet to deal with chokes.  It's relative.

I was merely addressing the steel contact with the actual bore of the barrel ("steel wearing a barrel down"). Particularly post #13. I wasn't addressing the choke issue.

• Like 1