030-Type Under-Barrel Rail Replacement

I know that the rail on the underside of the barrel is sanded down upon import, but does this thingie fix that? https://www.legionusa.com/ak-modular-picatinny-rail-1913-accessory-qd.html

If not are there any comparable options?

If it does replace it its it just a screw off old, screw on new deal?

No, that rail will not work. The railed gas block is a rare bird. If it's a must have you probably would have a better chance finding a gunsmith to modify your current gas block. There was a good example of it being done by another member here but that was a few years back and my google fu isn't up for the task. The mod requires the rail to be welded. An aluminum rail is not the ticket.

As for double AA, some members here have the personality of sand paper. It's better to not take it personal. I think they have gone so long without a woman's touch that they've forgotten how to behave around the company of a woman. Keep asking questions. It's nice to have someone asking technical questions opossed to all the political rants that get posted here.

Oh bollocks!

Well, I suppose I was getting my hopes up there was a quick way to make my barrel ready to hold a laser since the rail is ground off currently. There is the really big screw on one but its expensive and rather large for what I was meaning to do with it. 

And I thank y'all for all your help. 

Don't get me wrong. I believe that deko has the same rights as all of us here, though to be honest, your demenor gives you a red flag. But it is your deception that I think most if us have a problem with. As I said before, just because society is accepting of this behavior, does not mean we will.

You have every right to own a firearm. But you really need to figure out who you are.

Edited by fatty alcohol

On a semi-related topic, as it filters into why I was asking about that part and rails in general, are there inexpensive [like 70 dollars or less] offset lasers for rails? I've seen 200 dollar ones but I dunno about ones less than that. I basically just want one I can put on the top rail my Saiga came with that won't get blocked by the leaf or ghost ring sights.

I found a 2 pack of small aluminum rails in a clearance pile at Wal-Mart For $1. I cut a notch off the rail and grinded/profile two grooves to match the gb. Then I took the gb off the gun drilled two holes in the gb and taped it and screwed on the rail. I did this on my vepr 12. The rail already had two screw locations. Rail is a weaver 48346 .

Now I'm trying to find a good laser to get along with that barrel mount.

At first I found: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H99HA6W/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1M2PKKI2EUXVP&coliid=I2EN8PX6GJJBV3 But it seems kinda big to try mounting on my barrel.

But now I found this one: http://www.amazon.com/Ade-Advanced-Optics-Compact-Release/dp/B00O62G02U/ref=sr_1_53?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1417830746&sr=1-53&keywords=laser+sight

However I wonder if it'd work. Like can you use Lasers meant for Pistols on Long-Guns? Or is there a thing that would keep that from working.

What about the question of "Pistol Laser"? Like if it is meant to go on the Picatinny Rails of a handgun can it be put on a Long-Gun still with no issues, or will it not fit/get broken by recoil/other issues?

Shotgun recoil is stronger than handgun, so anything with a battery mounted in the same axis as the barrel will eventually, (or immediately) quit working due to the battery acting like a battering ram against the contacts, flattening them.

That's why you see sights like the Burris Fastfire and others using a coin-cell type battery with contacts orientated to avoid that

also, what is the diameter of a Saiga 12's barrel? I see a lot of barrel mounts that say they'd fit only a truly 1" whilst others say they go up to 7/8" barrels at the largest so I'm wondering what a saiga is since I don't have calipers.