Saiga race gun - 16" barrel with permed comp

Just finished building a new S12 race gun --  R & R magwell, trigger guard and AR stock adapter. I chopped the barrel to 16" barrel, internally threaded for chokes, then  permed  the CSS version of the GK01 comp to stay out of jail.  Left side charging handle.   Wasn't sure if I'd need to mess with the gas system length -- but it ran great with the stock length gas.   Made a steel bushing and silver soldered it to the end of the barrel.  Bored out the existing steel threads on the comp, then attached the comp to the bushing with machine screws, then blind pinned and welded.    Made my own carbon fiber handguard.  Has the gen II Red Star arms adjustable trigger which can be adjusted for a nice crisp pull with limited overtravel..  Shot it first match on Saturday and it ran great.

post-31037-0-96415900-1417470675_thumb.jpg

post-31037-0-89892500-1417470895.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 months later...

That optic is a C-more.   There are others I like better, however    Holosun has a new circle dot that I saw at the SHOT show. I find a circle dot speeds up my times, since the circle approximates the shot pattern and I'm not waiting to get the center dot exactly on target.