AK Operators Union Beat Up Sig 556xi

These guys are known for being brutal when testing & reviewing firearms assclowns

there,  that is more truthful.

"ak operators union" oh shit, that one ranks down there with calling a wannabe fantasy camp as "training" 021.gif

and god that fake accent, it sounds like something from a low budget movie that was made by Ed Wood

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Pretty extreme but I doubt any gun would realistically be usable after being shot or blown up. Those type forces that are capable of deforming receivers will alter mechanical function of moving parts. The gun did perform even after the CH boot was removed from the bolt channel. So again, pretty extreme but as someone else pointed out if your gun was rendered inoperable by such a blast you most likely would be as well.

Having said that I have an XI x39 SBR and I think SIG has really got this one right. It shoots sub MOA with military classic 124gr, no malfunctions and is lighter and more accurate and harder hitting than either of my 552 and 553.

It does not have any of the problems some are reporting with the rifles and I was initially worried about those issues. I also have a lower with it that will take standard AR mags and it works fine with the ACS x39 mags. From that perspective I would only need a barrel and bolt in either .300 or 5.56 and its GTG. So far it is quite remarkable and versatile.

These guys are known for being brutal when testing & reviewing firearms assclowns

there, that is more truthful.

"ak operators union" oh shit, that one ranks down there with calling a wannabe fantasy camp as "training" 021.gif

and god that fake accent, it sounds like something from a low budget movie that was made by Ed Wood

you don't get the union joke?

also the guy is from poland

Moronic testing as usual.

Every rifle would fail the same set of "tests".

I'm not going to argue that these tests aren't ridiculous and overkill, but more classic pattern AKs do stand up better to this kind of abuse. (see below).  This is not to say that a rifle needs to this level of beating to be worthwhile, but it is a testament to the ruggedness of the kalashnikov design.

Regardlless, the SIG 556xi in x39 is going to be my next rifle.  I've already procured a TROMIX improved charging handle (http://www.tromix.com/sigsauer-parts.htm).  I'm slowly collecting all the aftermarket parts for the rifle (to include an optic) so that I'll have everything once I purchase the rifle.   This is the process by which I pretty much do everything with regards to my firearms; back-asswards. 021.gif

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1

I torture tested a HiPoint carbine, then sent it back to the factory for a free refurbish. Sold it for $25 more than I paid for it when I got it back. If only them things weren't pistol caliber. If I ever get another one it will be a 4595. Something to beat the piss out of and not care a damn about.

These tests could be valid for an eternal shtf or mad max scenario maybe.  There wouldnt be alot of entertainment, so dudes would put on roller skates, hook a rope to a truck, and go 'roader skiing', using their rifle for the pull handle.  And if your man enough to survive your 50mph wipe out, you want your rifle (pull handle) to function flawlessly.  I completely get it.  Boredom may also lead people to shoot each other with bird shot, for fun, because if you cant take bird shot your just a big fuckin pussy.  And if your rifle cant take as many pellets as you can, its an even bigger pussy, and if your rifle is a bigger pussy than you, then you might as well fuck it, and I absolutely will not have some whore bitch for a rifle.

These tests may seem a bit extreme and unusual but, the guy was handed an AK as a kid with the polish land forces (infantry) and then came to the USA and served the US Infantry and got his wings. He does not claim to be super secret squirrel. He's just a grunt and that's the kind of damage you can expect to get when you hand a grunt a rifle. If the rifle can put up with the road drag, an old 197 test, and the shotgun blast test, it's pretty much good to go. They are comparing Sig's idea of an AK to the AK's they run. They are AK fanatics and several of them have passed the same unscientific grunt approved tests.

He says right in the video, this is not a good battle field rifle. That means war, not the range. If he says it isn't, unless you were infantry, you may want to consider what the guy has to say instead of discrediting him because of his watered down polish accent and love of torturing AK platform weapons. I was infantry and his unscientific tests show me that the shit is high speed or not. Pretty simple, Go or NOGO!

• Like 2

WTF is up with all these stupid "gun torture" videos?

It looks like a great rifle to take into a gunfight.

I guess manufacturers could add 5 extra pounds to the gun (in case of shotguns, IED's, or C4) but, who would want to carry it?

Unrealistic expectations.

My guns don't like being shot at (yes, they talk to me) so, I plan to protect them, defensively, of course.

Noone is going to drag my guns down any road.

Says the dude from the Air Force! :)