new to the saiga world

Hello all!

Like the title states I am new to the saiga world. This does not in anyway mean new to guns. I am very experienced with the AK platform, just not saigas in particular.

So I picked up a saiga 20 and so far the thing is awesome. I got it fairly cheap and I think I know why..lol. gas plug stuck, seized in place on setting 1. Dude said it Cycled everything...no way. I went to the range as I bought it...it sucked. Wouldnt run anything but 3 inch magnum loads, and even those were sketchy on ejection.

Went home and tore it apart. Gas ports were too small. Only 2 of the 3 were completely clear. I opened the ports up, unshrouded the 3Rd port and deburred everything and put it back together. Picked up a dph plug as well. Polished the guts as I would on any AK, and went back to the range. Much better! Runs everything from slugs to the cheapest bulk crap I could find. It has honestly become one of my favorites. A fun little gun.

Now that I have it operating properly, I am torn between converting it or leaving it as is and just adding an adjustable izhmash skeleton stock. I like the ergonomics of the skeleton stock. Good cheek weld. I have handled a few other friends saigas that have been converted and they all seem to be the most awkward and uncomfortable weapons I have ever picked up. One have an ace stock and the other a tromix. Neither have a cheek riser and maybe that is what is missing...but they don't seem to shoulder properly either..they seem pokey on the shoulder.

This ultimately brings mu question....

What stock options are there that are more comfortable before I go converting this gun and go from loving it to hating it?

Also, I do not want a standard AK stock..I want to leave those for my traditional AKs. I am not opposed to Franken-gunning this thing and using AR platform components.

Thanks for your input!