Sign in to follow this  
lsxevo

SBS Iron Sight & Optic Options

Hey guys, I am in the process of building a Saiga 8" SBS. I was hoping you all could offer up some advice and/or unique ideas for iron sights or low pro mounted optic. I have already decided against H&K sights, so that's not an option. I am looking at CSS or Kebs bolt on AK style sights. Links listed below. Does anyone have any experience with the bolt on sights or have any other options to offer?

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/css-sightset.htm

http://www.krebscustom.com/products/48/Krebs-Custom-SAIGA12-Combat-Shotgun-Sites

I think the problem you are going to run into is due to the barrel length your sight distance is greatly reduced. With that said, I really love the kreb's sights with the ghost ring rear sight. Great sight picture with it.

if given the choice between a KREBS or CSS sight, I would opt for neither, I will stick with the factory one on the SG

a bolt on front sight looks like a  bubba trailer park add on

you're putting a good bit on money to make this SBS, why go with the bubba look for the front sight?

but,  if you have your heart set on one of the two, then get the one that's least expensive

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I really wish there was a way to get one of the gas blocks like the ones that are on the VEPR's for saigas. The ones that marry the GB with the sight post and call it a day, that would be my dream SBS set up.

I have a Krebs rear sight with a Dinzag front sight on my 109 and I love it. The new 433 will have XS sights

6500rpm is correct.  I've peeped through them all and the HK sights with a ghost ring is absolutely the fasted-acquisition iron sight period.

Optic option, I found the Burris fast fire 2 works very well, great target acquisition in a very small package. Also very rugged , shock proof and water proof.

The best place for a sight like a FastFire, C-More STS, Docter etc is at the rear sight which gives the right amount of eye relief.

There are nice adapters for regular AK's but not for S12 (without some modifications)

post-1629-0-30366900-1418921795_thumb.jpg

Krebs

post-1629-0-17417200-1418921796.jpg

Sabrewerks