Specific Thermal Nite Vision Scope $Recommendations$? ...

Our cheap Russian nite scopes and viewers work OK, but just barely. It might be time for us to seriously consider a nice $affordable$, (what?) thermal night scope. Any specific recommendations based upon actual useage? I only got to play with a very nice, (and $expensive$) thermal scope for a few moments. Wow!

Our application right now is primarily night time pest shooting, especially around or inside the garden area around the chicken coop. Spring and summer are coming. We do not need, nor could probably afford, a long range model. Just something better than what we have now that would not cost an arm or leg or big toe.

HB of CJ (old coot) Our $budget$ would vary upon what is available and how well it works. I love this Excellent Forum ... lots of smart and rich folks here. smile.pngsmile.png

If they ever start shipping look into the atn x sight....I wouldn't trust if my life depended on it but for critters at night I think it will work...all the reviews I have studied looks like it will do the trick out to 100 yds. As soon as I get mine, been back order since summer, I plan on testing on the local hog population and posting a full review. I am most interested in being able to record thru the scope, it takes an SD card. I have two sons that are starting to hunt and I am looking forward to recording their hunts. The price is right around $700 for the 5x18 model. They also make 3x12 model that is in the $500 range.

• Like 1

Thank you all. I think we, (our extended nuclear family and a very few long long term trustworthy family friends) would sacrifice some unnecessary features for a good thermal type scope that would work for us in total darkness out to about 100 yards ... if the price could be kept under about $750-1000 bucks. Might not be doable. Even then some shuffling around of $assets$ would be necessary to pay for it. Color vision or fancy do dads would not be necessary. Just the basic mono thermal scope of about 3X to 5X mag with a good field of view. HB of CJ (old coot)

Edited for realistic price quote increase.

Edited by HB of CJ