Any Good Classic Political Motivational Patriotic Speeches?

Has ANY political candidate ever given a truly good motivational political patriotic speech? One that we will remember and will knock your socks off? I for one am drawing a blank here so I thought I would ask. HB of CJ (old coot)

I could listen right now to a good motivational political speech that pretty much tells it like it is and not what they think things might be. I wonder how far back in history we would need to go to get one. Just one will do please.

No argument there Matt

OP sorry coming up empty, most likely due to no successful politician since the mid 19th century being other than a lying sack-o-shite and that includes the political idols folks love to pay homage and worship like FDR, JFK, and Reagan. 

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 2

Oh, no doubt he gives GREAT speeches! Really, it's what he excels at!

Just keep in mind that he actually has no freaking clue what he's talking about, and if his lips are moving, he's lying.

But they are GREAT speeches!  :D

• Like 1

I dunno never could get past the first 30 seconds without my head exploding.

To be fair this applies to all of his political ilk.

For great speeches look for ideas on the cusp. Reagan at the '76/64 convention, Goldwater in '60/64.

Speeches by successful politicians smack too much of bullshit, us knowing what they really did and all.

• Like 1

This is not as political as it is a social issue, not so much a speech as it is an obvious statement of the tone of the time, but I have always thought what Teddy Roosevelt said applies. Today it has a political implication of sort.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

• Like 3