8.5" barrel shotgun, uses Saiga mags. Not SBS, AOW or NFA

Fantastic!

This'll create a headache in some states with their own rules/definitions, and definitely get people in some shit with LE who just see a short barrel and assume it's a felony. Here in NE it's 100% good to go, all our laws say is it's good to go if the feds say it is. Though technically inside Omaha city limits it would have to be registered as a handgun based on barrel length alone.

The question I have is how do you rack the slide to chamber a round? I do believe also that the ATF stated in their response letter that shouldering this on a shotgun would classify it as an SBS and it would be illegal.

Edited by AZ-DAVE-IZ109

Looks like there's a grip afixed to the left side, used to rack it.

I read that ATF letter... They're on iffy ground with that, can't see the way you use a firearm holding up in court as changing its classification. Anyway I would rather just have a long, useless extension off the back to make up the OAL, rather than that silly not-a-stock.

Only thing that's a shame is because of how an AOW is defined - including that wording about concealment - you couldn't add a folding mechanism without redefining the weapon as an AOW.

Hell yeah, saw that black aces receiver by itself and thought about a pistol grip build aow since it never had a stock attached, I didnt think about how an arm brace would circumvent that as well.....nice shotty...would be nuts if somebody could design a gas system that was loaded into the empty magaine tube.....or would it?

That's a slick idea on his part considering the russians are still working on circumventing the sanctions of their firearms. It would be a development. I am so glad I was able to get a piece of russian steel before, though an American based couterpart would be cool to see.

• Like 1

Holy shit, now that I think about it a little more... This is a way to get around a LOT of import rules - these aren't legally "shotguns," so a short-barreled MKA-1919, or Saiga/VEPR (of they weren't already banned by sanction) would be importable and the "features" rules shouldn't apply. Indeed, the same should apply to other "firearms" with rifled bores - namely just about any carbine, without its buttstock, with either a sig brace or a useless tube hanging off the back end solely for OAL. It wouldn't help with most bullpup designs, but could lead to some great firearms being brought in with their original, proper threaded barrels.

That's a slick idea on his part considering the russians are still working on circumventing the sanctions of their firearms. It would be a development. I am so glad I was able to get a piece of russian steel before, though an American based couterpart would be cool to see.

And if nothing more it means we'll still be able to buy saiga12 mags

Duhh; Looks like a pistol grip shotgun with a short barrel. AOW. Five buck tax stamp. At least in my humble kinda knowledgeable opinion. All US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. Now somebody will tell it it has a rifled barrel which opens up a big can of worms. Gray area. Now I need to read all the posts. I could not get that site to load. HB of CJ (old coot)

Duhh; Looks like a pistol grip shotgun with a short barrel. AOW. Five buck tax stamp. At least in my humble kinda knowledgeable opinion. All US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. Now somebody will tell it it has a rifled barrel which opens up a big can of worms. Gray area. Now I need to read all the posts. I could not get that site to load. HB of CJ (old coot)

It's only $5 to transfer an AOW.. it's still $200 to fabricate one. (removing the tube) so at that point SBS is the way to go.

Now my question is is there a minimum length of an SBS?

Thank you poolingmyignorance. Good clarification. I was thinking if I bought one. I need to read the other posts and try to pull down that site that for whatever reason will not load ... or at least not quickly.

Any way the receiver or bolt could be modified to accept a large charging handle? That might just keep bad stuff off the fore part of the pistol. Grey area for sure and I for one do not know what to make of it.

HB of CJ (old coot) Is this testing the august BATFE or is it tickling the rear end of a bad ass jackass and we might get the shit kicked out of us by future bad blanket knee jerk BATFE rulings we don't want?