Thanks tor the good thoughts!

Not such a great B-day this year - still stuck here in Marylandistan. The first contract on the house was supposed to settle in Sept, but the buyer went bust. The month of Nov, was spent with the wife in a cardiac unit. Now we have a new contract with a new buyer - but still waiting to get a new settlement date. 

Still hoping to be in Texas by the new year. Will be nice to catch up to all my stuff that is in storage in Texas - ESPECIALLY my guns ans WINTER COAT! It Snowed here yesterday. Now the Suburban has  a blown intake manifold gasket so that should give me something to do for a few days!

• Like 1

GOB, I wish I could invite you over, we could share our misery. Compared to you, I have no problems. Had two estimates for plumbing work because of old galvanized getting ready to let go and you would think they came to give me a good rootering. $2250 for one estimate and $1500 for the other, but that guy wants most of the money up front. Said it was my plumbing, so it was my materials he was buying. I miss the days when I could work on my own cars. Wash 'em, change the oil and rotate the tires is about all that's left for me. We keep hoping for you to settle and get down south.

Happy belated Birthday. Sounds like you are having a run of bad juju. It will get better, it always does. I've seen some tough times myself and the realization that it could always be worse is what keeps me going. Fix that truck and press forward!

• Like 1