Why do I need a shell stop ?

Great item!, especially for us that prefer coupled mags over extra long mags and drums.

I did have to take off a little material on it to get it to line up right when I upgraded to the SAS lower.

Have you guys noticed that? The SAS top rail must be just a bit offset forward more than the MKA top rail

because it was either binding the shells in one slot or too lose in the next slot back.

On the stock MKA lower it lined up perfect.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

I did not know that, I haven't used a coupled mag since we introduced the 23, working on an update may be able to make them all into 24's.

I'll have to check it out.

ETA; Mine works OK

Have you changed ammo?  There can be quite a bit of OAL between brands

One addition I put on mine(when I still used it)

I drilled and tapped it for a tiny Allen head bolt , that sits just above the shell, keeping the front edge down.

With one brand of slugs the top shell would tip up, allowing it to move forward and pop out.

Edited by toothandnail

That's me!

That was a pair of 15 round frankenmags with the firebird adapters.  I had to do something with my factory 5 round mags.

I completely forgot to buy a shell stop before the Hard as Hell match.  But the Tooth and Nail guys shipped me a free one for Christmas because they're cool like that.

• Like 1