noob needing help with barrel length

New to the forum and have a question regarding the barrel length on s12

It has the 19" barrel and I put the immobilizer brake from css on it but it seems to long.

I've already converted it with the trigger job, folding buttstock and pistol grip, and the piston puck.

Does the 18" barrel rule include the muzzle brake?

Thanks in advance for any help

I've been looking through this forum every night since my s12 came home and I'm addicted to my s12 and the forum.

JoeAk is correct. And the attachment must be done in a specific fashion and method so it satisfies the BATFE that it will not fall off or be easily removable. Once attached in the fashion they demand, it pretty much is there for good ... unless you want to go to a NFA SBS.

National Firearm Act of around 1932 or so. You can first obtain a $200 tax stamp, which is an economic transaction from the BATFE, (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Bombs) then you can cut back that pesky 19" or overall length 18" barrel to any length you want.

If you live in a free State where such things are allowed by the Powers That Be, all you need to do before cutting shorter than 18" is to get two, (2) full fingerprint sets, two, (2) passport type black and white pictures, get your Sheriff of DA to sign off on the forms, then ...

Gather it all up and mail it off to the BATFE with the aforementioned $200 bucks. Then wait. Wait some more. Wait some more yet. After about anywhere from 3 to 12 months you will receive that tax stamp. Then you can reduce the shotgun barrel down shorter than 18".

But ... you must tell them first how long on the application ....... no point continuing this. Sorry for the ramble. HB of CJ (old coot) sad.pngsad.png

Ok another question not regarding the the barrel but didn't know if I had to start a new thread

I got the css bolt on tactical sights with the raised rear sight.

I installed the front one on the barrel but haven't installed the rear.

My question is what quad rail could I is that wouldn't intervene with the rear sight or one that I could use together with the front sight?

I was looking at the utg pro rail.

what do yall think?

The rails are too bulky and unnecessary. If you need a rail, you will only need a top rail for an optic, which you don't need because of your bolt on sight.  If you wanted a light, you could use a bottom rail, but even then you could get by without it.  But the quad rail, you are getting into airsoft territory and mall ninja style