If this story isn't pure bull as I HIGHLY suspect.

If you turned down $3500.00 American dollars for a mini14 ...you are an idiot!

If a person would offer $3500.00 American dollars for a mini14...he is a Moron!!!

Just about any AR even the cheapest of the cheap will keep all rounds touching at 100 yards

Given reasonable ammo and the shooter not putting pressure on the barrel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.   I prefer this one. vs.  

AK's... COMBAT proven... Period..   AR's are GREAT for busting paper at 500 yards..   Combat rarely affords the luxury of a 500 yard shot from prone....   Semper Fi

In 18 pages of this thread I have seen the light..   AKs are useless rifles that belong in the trash can. They are not rifles used by professionals. AKs are not used by special forces teams, and onl

Posted Images

Fanboy's are fanboy's, would you expect anything less at ARF?  Variety is the spice of life, almost every weapon has it's merits and pitfalls. I love the placement of the controls on the AR (although in reality it will never account for much in my use), I love the brute force of my x39 AK's, I pretty much hate everything about the way my HK clones except for the way the action feels as it cycles. All of them are easily as accurate as I need to be, all have been tinkered with to some degree to obtain the degree of reliability I want. If a gun turns out to be absolute junk-get rid of it, other than that enjoy!

• Like 2

I have and love both platforms in all their flavors, as well as the FAL and G3. My 3 AM "surprised greeting card" though is a Tavor. Short enough to maneuver indoors, reliable and accurate enough for needful encounters.

gentlemanjim:

Never underestimate what people will do to get a "one off" gun they like. I took a .50AE AR pistol I just built out to the gun show here and was offered $2100 for it, even though I warned him it had never been fired and I could not guarantee it would cycle correctly (it does, and I need to order magazine kits from Tromix now). Even though I was in slack jawed amazement over it I turned him down, but if he could produce a National Match grade M1A1 or the equivalent in a genuine M14 an immediate swap would take place.

The .50 is still in my safe, and I've had LOTS of fun with it turning $1.56 into noise, smoke and satisfaction every time I pull the trigger. And it's still not for sale. For not selling it on the spot, I probably am an idiot. But I'm a happy idiot, and I can live with that.

Edited by The Deacon

So am I the only guy here that has an accurate Mini 14?  Seriously, I've shot my 2011 Mini ranch rifle up against both my Saiga 223 and Colt 6920 and had almost identical groups at the same distance.  I've even got the target to prove it.  There is nothing wrong with that rifle platform other than mine is a little harsh on the brass (really pulls aggresively on the rim).

20141222 102324

Edited by DLT

I wanted to like the Mini-30.  A "normal" rifle that wouldn't frighten the fudds at deer camp but with a mag swap could rule the post-apocalyptic wasteland. 

But old Billy didn't think we peons deserve normal capacity mags so the Mini-30 doesn't take AK mags.

• Like 2

My Chevy is faster than your Ford

My Harley is faster than your Honda

My bass boat is faster than yours

My dog is smarter than yours

My kid can beat yours up

(might or might not got those two mixed up)

My wife is a better cook than yours

My Glock is better than your 1911

My 1911 is better than your Sig

My Smith is better than your Ruger

My Ruger is better than your Colt

My rifle will hit a dime at a thousand yards in the air on the run

My shotgun will drop a bird at a mile and a half

I can drink you under the table

My congressman doesn’t suck as bad as yours

I'll cover the rest of it as needed.haha.gif

• Like 2

Those considering Palmetto State Armory can buy with confidence. Their shipping is a tad slow, but their product is excellent. You won't find better AR stuff for even twice the price. Great quality. Great price.

I'm really considering their 10.5, but it's in stock very sporadically. Not to mention the last time it was in stock the price was up to $370. It was very briefly in stock and on sale for $300 a while back, but God knows when that combo will ever happen again. I've got a line on a really good deal for an LMT 10.5, so ceteris paribus I'm ready to just spend the extra few bucks and grab the LMT.

So, you trying to fight? boxing.gif

• Like 1

Those considering Palmetto State Armory can buy with confidence. Their shipping is a tad slow, but their product is excellent. You won't find better AR stuff for even twice the price. Great quality. Great price.

I'm really considering their 10.5, but it's in stock very sporadically. Not to mention the last time it was in stock the price was up to $370. It was very briefly in stock and on sale for $300 a while back, but God knows when that combo will ever happen again. I've got a line on a really good deal for an LMT 10.5, so ceteris paribus I'm ready to just spend the extra few bucks and grab the LMT.

So, you trying to fight? boxing.gif

I was pointed in the direction of Radical Firearms out of Texas. They have a nice looking 10.5" upper, good reputation (from what I've seen), and consistently have it in stock. 

ETA: and it's regularly $280

Edited by XdamagedX