He terrorized a nation with a shotgun.

Are you kidding me?

Have the Australian people been so neutered as to fear a single-shot shotgun?

I had one pointed at my chest, 20 years ago, and mustered the courage to push the barrel away. I assumed (properly) that it would surprise him, or I would die with a horrible chest wound.

I have to assume the people had no idea of how that gun works. Most American gun-owners would have jumped him and beat the crap of him.

Civilian Disclaimer: I only weigh 150 lb. and have no special training.

The police killed two more people than he did.

I see a failure of the people to protect themselves and a complete failure of the police to protect the people.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 9

This is a quote from the Australian prime minister:  "I will not rest until I am confident that you are as safe as any government can possibly make you."

And that's the problem, no government can't make anybody safe. And they can only make you less safe by trying. They gave this nutjob a gun license. I wonder how many in that cafe would have been carrying if their government hadn't tried to keep them safe by banning pistols. Some people saved themselves by escaping. The rest were then in just as much danger if not more from their government "protector's" bullets as they were the gunman's. I would have one thing to say to this PM. "Please stop trying to keep us safe, you're killing us."

Edited by DogMan
  • Like 3

not surprising one guy with a single shot could do it where everyone else is pretty much unarmed when you think about the effect 200,000 towel heads in ISIL have world wide

and again you can't just bomb or go in and kill them for fear of collateral damage / deaths.

post-26137-0-72291300-1418826589.jpg

• Like 1

Yep. After the "Flight 93 Incident" on 9/11/01, terrorists generally don't consider trying something on an airliner again. But 1 idiot in a coffee shop and they're all "sheep" again.  :rolleyes:

"A good warrior uses his surroundings as weapons."  :up:

Yep. After the "Flight 93 Incident" on 9/11/01, terrorists generally don't consider trying something on an airliner again. But 1 idiot in a coffee shop and they're all "sheep" again.  rolleyes.gif

"A good warrior uses his surroundings as weapons."  032.gif

Yep, and we are surrounded by sheep today, they are all plugged into the Matrix.

• Like 1

Out here in SW OR USA, the County Sheriff, on the average, is about one hour away, if they decide to respond at all. Usually there is nobody. The Oregon State Police, if they can, will respond, but they also are on the average, one hour out. We have pretty much been left with natural law out here. And this is a felony in progress or multiple shots fired. Anything else and forget it ... no response at all. Practically everybody, licensed or not, carries. Makes for quite a respectful community. HB of CJ (old coot)

Its the result of a society thats been disarmed, and brainwashed into thinking they cant protect themselves.

Exactly. You are taught that you are to wait to be "rescued" by people who usually arrive too late and then will be be firing rounds in your direction. Yeah, that's a hell of a plan.

• Like 3