I have quite a few weapons, and when I take them to the range or just storing at home in those cases (no kids at home) I use double rifle cases. Most of my cases look pretty similar and it can be hard to remember which boomsticks are in which cases. I came up with this to make it quicker to find the toy I want without rummaging through stuff like a mad man. I ordered military uniform sew on name tapes with the names of my toys on them. They cost around $5 each. They company was acuarmy online. They shipped them pretty fast. They just happened to be skinny enough to weave into the molle webbing on this rifle case for temporary or I could sew them on for a permanent label. Just thought I'd share.

post-35779-0-41761700-1419025893_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I do not store my firearms in such cases any more. When I was younger and new to firearms I stored my freshly cleaned and oiled shotgun in a case like that. I usually shot it a couple times a month, no big deal. I was on a 3 month hiatus from shooting and opened the case to find rust spots all over the barrel.

While the rust did clean up, I read many times that this was not a good storage devise.(I do not live in a high humidity area of the country).

Many years and guns later, I now have firearms that sit for a year or more in my safe with dissicant and have no rust what so ever.

YMMV.

• Like 2

I don't store in cases for the reasons stated above and more. Sure would make it easy for a burglar to be in out quick and only choose the choice weapons. I got tired of changing dissicant packs too and installed a golden rod in my safe...it was a well spent 40 bucks. Labels are great for ammo cans and then I put a strip of painters tape on inside of the top and use a sharpie to keep track of my round count in the can. Once I run out space I just peal it off add another and start over. .FWIW

• Like 2

Looks pretty cool! Find what you need, grab it and rip off the label. Put it back on after the weapon is clean.

I'll share my CRS organisational program with you. I toss all my carry shit in a basket on the counter and put the rest of the gear back in the exact same place. Works 90% of the time!

I do not store my firearms in such cases any more. When I was younger and new to firearms I stored my freshly cleaned and oiled shotgun in a case like that. I usually shot it a couple times a month, no big deal. I was on a 3 month hiatus from shooting and opened the case to find rust spots all over the barrel.

While the rust did clean up, I read many times that this was not a good storage devise.(I do not live in a high humidity area of the country).

Many years and guns later, I now have firearms that sit for a year or more in my safe with dissicant and have no rust what so ever.

YMMV.

I've often heard not to store guns in cases, but haven't had any problems with a couple stored in cases for several years.

Though I also have a 75W electric heater in my safe that kicks on every couple of hours so moisture is very low.

It's enough heat that I can feel the warm air when I open the safe when the heater is running. This guarantees that the air

in the safe is always several degrees warmer than ambient temp.

It probably costs me a few bucks of electricity every month, but well worth it.

Identical cases, for short term use or travel. Nice label idea. Go on a group shoot, or training course carry many weapons for teaching purpose. Just got luggage tags, yet have habit of putting same weapon in same cace. If use this style case, be good. Odd assortment of cases obtained through the years.