I just sold a dragunov style stock for an unconverted Saiga.  Seems Ebay is rather upset - called the house an emailed that it broke their policies regarding "assault weapons."  If it happens again I could be banned.

We noticed that item(s) offered for sale on this account weren't listed in accordance with our Assault Weapons Parts and Accessories policy. We realize you may not have been aware of this policy, or that this may have been a simple oversight, so we're including some policy information to help you with your future listings and to make sure they don't run into any problems. We also had to take the following actions: 
- Listings that didn't follow eBay guidelines have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.
Due to numerous laws and regulations regarding the sale of assault weapons (including parts and accessories for assault weapons), these items aren't allowed on eBay.
You may list accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes, sites, and shoulder straps. However, if you sell these items, you may not mention assault weapons in your listing.
Listings describing parts or accessories for assault weapons will be removed, including items that do not attach to assault weapons.
To learn more about our assault weapons policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html  
You listed an accessory for a firearm that eBay considers to be an assault weapon (the Dragunov). While we appreciate that you have chosen to utilize our site, we must ask that you please not relist in this case.  We would have loved to explain this to you over a phone call, however, we were unable to reach you when we called.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this information and be sure that future listings follow these guidelines. Keep in mind that if further items aren't listed in accordance with our policy, it could result in additional action including account restrictions or loss of buying and selling privileges on eBay.

Thank God I wasn't home to answer the phone.  Stupid fucks.

I was just on there looking for wood SKS furniture.  Plenty to be had.  They must not consider that an assault weapon.  I think it's a crappy policy.  They must not want to risk profits by offending the masses.

I just bought a Magpul AFG on eGay.  Good thing I mounted it on a single shot 22 short and not some assault weapon 6000 round per second AR pistol.  Cause if I did that I'd have to report the seller.

• Like 1

I was all on bored with them on and the "don't us the word "assualt weapon". I thought maybe they were on the paget, trying to tap dance around linguistics  ... but then when they say "ebay considers to be" well that's them making their own opinion of what it is... ergo FUCK THEM.

I sold the wood furniture from my wasr on ebay no problems.  If you notice nothing is ever referred to as "AK47", it is all listed as 7.62 X 39.  I listed mine as 7.62 X 39 furniture.  Agreed that it is a ridiculous policy.  Not to mention all kinds of AR parts are listed.

I could understand if they didn't want the term "assault weapon" used. My description was "Saiga - Dragunov Style Stock." Oh well, I don't have any more parts to sell now that this one is gone. I just wish for once these self-righteous idiots would educate themselves before they make unwarranted assertions.

I should post an ad for a ream of paper with the words "Assault Weapon" printed over and over across the entire front of each page, along with silhouettes of firearms.

Call it "assault paper". It might sell, and it would surely arouse the ire of the moonbats @ EvilBay.

Edited by patriot

sounds like somebody reported your sale - probably somebody running a "store" who pulled up your auction and saw it was competing with theirs.

I've bought plenty of gun stuff on eBay now. Haven't sold any.

I've sold hundreds of dollars of stuff on eBay in the past few months though, and man their sellers fees are fucking ridiculous.. Over 20% of your final value in some cases. There is no real competitor to eBay and Paypal, total monopoly. Gunbroker/Armslist just aren't even in the same realm as far as how many shoppers they have.

• Like 1

I ran an egay store years ago.  Back then the seller's fees were reasonable and paypal was free.  I quit selling when the fees kept going up and egay bought paypal and started charging for using that too.

I do still buy sometimes when I can't find an item through my normal sources.

Their employees are idiots and seem to be mostly antis. The policy is you cant sell 'Assault Weapon' parts, but they are ignorant, so that boils down to anything listed with a descriptor that references anything full-auto or that some Anti called an assault weapon somewhere.

Frex, if you list an AR15 part, like a BCG, as an "M16 bolt carrier group" they will pull it, because (according to them) M16s are assault weapons and illegal everywhere. You can sometimes get away with a descriptor like "M16 style" but the safest way is "AR15 BCG". Some people list AR parts as 'airsoft' to get away with it, but thats tricky to buy because some companies like Magpul sell legitimate airsoft parts too. But if you see something like 'airsoft use Aimpoint' for $400, its probably someone spoofing the Ebay censors.

Likewise, you may want to try "Dragunov style stock" but theres still a chance they pull it. The whole organization is pretty much anti, so if you complain they usually ignore it or kick you.

Edited by mostholycerebus

I ran an egay store years ago.  Back then the seller's fees were reasonable and paypal was free.  I quit selling when the fees kept going up and egay bought paypal and started charging for using that too.

I do still buy sometimes when I can't find an item through my normal sources.

This...

Its the last place I go when I really need something and can't find it anywhere else.

I have been told Saiga and Vepr meet their definition of assault weapons. I was attempt in to sell my factory Vepr 5.45x39 mags and got a phone call from ebay and my sale pulled. I was told on the phone that if I repost the items I would be banned because they are now watch I my account for any related postings. I told them politely I would no longer interested in doing business with them as a result.

• Like 1