I see the thread went away from yesterday

posting hate speech on a thread about officers Murdered on duty, does not go over well

Glad you still kicking, saw the thread was gone and thought you got disappeared also.

Well the one post should have been deleted but the thread itself could have remained...

IDK, outside of personal attacks, everyone has a view on issues, debating sharpens the iron

• Like 2

Opinions are fine, the ones based in fact are best.

Some people have had bad experiences with LE, or met up with an officer unworthy of the job.

We all get that, and in some places in the country corruption is rife from the smallest town to the largest city.

there are exceptions to every rule, but in the big picture most LEOs are good servants to their communities.

Problem is some people are just hateful and post stuff that is just out of bounds.

And to fuel hatred of all stripes, there are internet sites that have all sorts of biased or plain false information to foment more hatred.

This is a pretty open forum, and opinions are diverse, and thats just fine.

Showing a little common courtesy or a little respect to people you may disagree with goes a long way.

And with a civil conversation, a point may get across or an opinion may change.

An old saying

If an honest man, who is mistaken is presented with the truth..

He either ceases to be mistaken, or he ceases to be honest 

• Like 9

Directed to no one in particular... It was on my recommendation that we implemented the LEO bashing in the first place.. When guys like GeorgiaPD stop coming around, we all lose...

• Like 4

Someone saying most cops are bad is as rediculous as someone saying most cops are good. How the F do you know? You don't know shit about anyone but the people you have personally met. So give it a break with the most cops are good/bad BS, it's just intelectually meaningless. Talk about the experiences you have had, but spare us the moral judgemnents of people you have never met in states you have never been. Cops are just like the rest of us, no better, and certainly no worse. And the crybaby BS is pathetic, do words over the Internet really bother you that much? Good god, I'll never understand that hyper sensitivity, damn near like a sniveling liberal.

• Like 3

Given the corrupted nature of our political system, many decent police officers are supposed to abide by immoral and destructive legislation.  The cops dont make the laws, the politicians do, but most people who dont trust the system also do not trust the systems enforcers, as they are absolutely and unmistakably linked.  More and more people are starting to see through the thick clouds of propaganda  and understand many problems for what they truly are, a creation of the system itself, for its own benefit.  

That said, violence if not the answer, even if its liberal application (for myriad victimless 'crimes') happens to be a focal problem.  

Like jim kinda said, If the truth is true, honest people will gravitate toward it leaving only deceivers in its wake.  

The thread disappeared because the offending post was quoted several times and the reaction of some was befitting of the Fight Club.  I dumped it and vepr12x as well.  Anyone that bashes the police or implies that officers deserve to die because some are corrupt will join vepr12x on the street.  They can take their hate to some other Forum that tolerates hate and death speech.

• Like 7

Talk about the experiences you have had, but spare us the moral judgemnents of people you have never met in states you have never been. Cops are just like the rest of us, no better, and certainly no worse. And the crybaby BS is pathetic, do words over the Internet really bother you that much? Good god, I'll never understand that hyper sensitivity, damn near like a sniveling liberal.

For the past 30yrs I have worked on the shop floor, several times as steward, always someone trying a different angle, murmuring, demonizing, thick skin is required.

I view good cops the same way I view good muslims. If you're not busting your ass to fix the system and stop the crimes of your brothers,

then I really can't trust you. I'd like to, but it comes down to what motivates you. Are you going to take the side of the cop in the wrong,

or the citizen in the right?

I fear home invasions by police of the wrong address. What happens if someone gets no knock warranted, the cops kick down the door,

and he goes Rambo and kills them to defend his family and home? In my opinion, the home owner was right, because the police were

there illegally, but no policeman would ever agree with that. Usually what happens is the homeowner dies, and it gets excused as a clerical error.

We have way too many police, and too few armed homeowners. It used to be you protected your own as part of being a man, and you didn't

need the police except to be a jailer. We should return to that.