Have your molot mag feed lips ever popped off??

I went shooting in the desert yesterday with a couple friends yesterday and one of them didnt lock the mag in properly so when he pulled the charging handle the mag dropped and all the shells flew up out the mag I couldn't even believe upon examining it I realized the feed lips were missing so looked for them found em was able to pop em back in and there I still had to disassemble cause light sand got in there and made the follower get stuck any ones feed lips ever came off and how do I keep it from coming off again

• 3 weeks later...

ya, this has actually started to happen to me with my 2 molot 5 rounders the feed lips keep popping off. Its easy to put it back on,but its really annoying when it happens.

Yeah man not only annoying but like I was shooting in the desert I'm lucky I found them I mean what would have happened if I didn't the 10 rounders run about $120 would I of been able to get it replaced? It would I just be screwed out of a mag and my money??

Edited by Kingchedr

The only mag related problem is the lips popping off of at least 3 of the izzy fives. Molot has about the same design, so I would expect it to be a real possibility. For this reason, along with drag, I think the one-piece SGM style or welded CSSpecs style is a better design. I understand the molot SGM mags have had a mixed track record on other grounds though.