Sign in to follow this  
SHOTGUN MESIAH

Oil filter supressor

the filter is toast pretty quick, plus "silencing" supersonic ammo is pretty hard with even commercial suppressors. Google the web, there are references to comrades who have done it.

That's completely asinine to to me.  No way to utilize iron sights with that heavy oil filter on there.  Looks completely bubba.  

It wouldn't be worth the money to me even for novelty.

Unless you buy the extra special registered version. Which is completely different and not similar in any way to the solvent trap.

• Like 4

Well I paid about $1800.00 for my can, another $150.00 for the QD comp and $200.00 for the stamp

So about two grand for a nice setup

Just a few bucks for the oil filter 

so how much is it worth in savings to risk prison and a felony?

The smart kids stay away from this crap

• Like 2

Seems like this and a tax stamp sure beats the hell out of $2000.

lets see..oil filter $ 50

Solvent trap adapter…. $40

Tax stamp..$200

TOTAL $290.00

Poor mans suppressor.

post-46572-0-13560900-1419394082_thumb.jpg

post-46572-0-45822800-1419395309_thumb.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

I haven't bought a solvent trap but I may pick up one or two.  I have no intent of breaking the law but simply to have in case law breaks down.

• Like 1

I believe that some people tried to patent or register just the "adapter" that would thread onto barrel and allow a filter to be threaded onto it. The point was in making a part that's cheap to make and with a stamp would be completely legit. I believe that, like with many issues trying to enforce nonsensical laws, the suppressor was the disposable can and ATF little brains were exploding. That's the last I heard on that.

High energy rounds (and all the hot gas that comes with it) toast the paper filters very quickly. I don't know what other techs are there in terms of filters/fillers to withstand. Yes, it adds weight, and no you can't see iron sights, but them people shoot aluminum rifles too, so to each his own.

Well I paid about $1800.00 for my can, another $150.00 for the QD comp and $200.00 for the stamp

So about two grand for a nice setup

Just a few bucks for the oil filter 

so how much is it worth in savings to risk prison and a felony?

The smart kids stay away from this crap

They have a legit adapter that is registered. Time to get rid of all the stupid suppressor laws and start hearing.

• Like 4

This one looks pretty darn nice to me.. I think you would have to be nuts to spend thousands of dollars on a suppressor.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

I disagree. For a budget build, this is an excellent choice of suppressor. The company can legally change the 'wipe' for a very reasonable fee.

People doing it unlawfully could just misuse the solvent traps.

I agree that there is a significant probability that people will do this illegally, possibly unwittingly. I made that comment for a 21 year-old version of myself.

I also think that a real suppressor (properly designed suppressor) is worth the money. I own two (rifle and pistol cans) and I'm in dire need of a rimfire can. For a SHTF situation the oil filter variety would be useful.