Well here she is this year Christmas puppy, the wife found a stray seems to always happen about this time of year. Not every year but more than often enough.  

The poor little thing was and still is pretty much a starved bag of bones, the wife's been feeding her a little several times a day and she's been to the vet a couple of times for shots and check up. Some how I have a feeling we'll end up with a new dog. I had hoped to wait we've got 4 other dogs (and a rooster) now but fate and the wife seem to have other plans.

She was down the road at a property with several Great Pyrenees I don't think she blended in well and the big white dogs didn't have any love for her. 

Any way who knows with the brown brindle coat and the strange noises she makes (they both have a baying howl like a hound) she may be related to Wag, some part of a long past youthful sowing of wild oats by him or a litter mate.

Vet said she's a pure bred mutt about 4 months old, guess I'll have to see how this all comes out but I'd bet the wife will say she's keeping her.

post-26137-0-72250400-1419376011_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-80730500-1419376021_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 6

thanks for the kind words, this rescue is on the wife

Wag was a Christmas puppy several years ago (maybe her great, great,....grand dad or uncle)

the sisters Jade (the Bear) and Diamond I think showed up in the summer years ago

I brought the pointer Daisy home around Christmas many years ago as a playmate for our now departed Lab

and Speckles the wife brought home after the dogs killed the earlier roosters and the other one she brought home with him (life was short for 3 other roosters, jump in the dog yard and die young)

So the puppy won't be lonely around here

post-26137-0-60068300-1419380581_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-11008100-1419380605_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-83696900-1419380616_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-10034200-1419380630_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

No surprise the wife’s keeping the puppy.

I think she’s going to be about the size of a border collie (the puppy not the wife). So she’ll be smaller than the rest of the crew.

She already likes to play ball and will come if she feels like when called (again we’re talking the puppy not the wife).

I don’t think an official name has been decided on yet. I started calling her Tink because the first collar the wife got for her was for a cat with a bell on it (now replaced).

The wife got her a bright orange harness in addition to a collar so from a distance hopefully she won’t be mistaken for a coyote (I know coyotes don’t come in brindle but I don’t know if everyone around here knows). Seeing how her and the rooster hang out and run around together I don’t want someone to shoot her to save the bird even though half the time the roosters chasing her.

post-26137-0-21160600-1421109214.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 1

Good deal on keeping her.  She will be well worth it.

Also congrats gentlemanjim.  We've always been lucky with housebreaking.  They go out as soon as wake up, and at night they have a crate in the room till we trust them.  Good luck.

Our Black Friday pound mutt has finally earned the name Easy.  That should tell you how much trouble he has been.

• 6 months later...

puppy up date 8 months later and we still have her and she's been named KiaLee (wife's idea) she was 18 lbs when the wife brought her home she's now at 46 lbs. when something scares her she's a big time daddy's girl lap dog, the rest of the time she's moms baby and Wags playmate. guess she figures nothing ever happens to fat boys in recliners so it must be the safest place to be.

post-26137-0-53070900-1438351253.jpg

• Like 7

generally no the dogs and roosters haven't played well together, KiaLee and Speckles get along OK but one of the reasons the other roosters were short lived they jumped into the dog yard and that was the end of those birds. the dogs don't tear them up just kill them and forget them. Speckles jump in once and I was able to get him out of there alive, he lost all interest in jumping fences after that.

• Like 1