Have you considered the Kahr P45? 6+1. Only downer is that it is a bucker. HB of CJ (old coot)

Thanks HB, yeah, would like to stay with the 9mm, this will be a first pistol for my friend's wife. Want to make sure the shooting experience is enjoyable...

Sounds perverted to a degree.....haha.gif

I quite like my Sig p938. SAO, 6+1 or 7+1 with extended mag. Only thing is the price is a little higher, $600-ish with $40+ mags.

Yep, trying to keep the budget around $400-$450, do like the Sig...

Can't comment on the Nano but purchased a LCP for the wife in .380. I like it as it's very small and can be easily carried almost anywhere (pocket/coat pocket) with one in the pipe. Has no safety, it's more a design function of a longer slightly heavy trigger pull so there's no thought process involved. I look at as a last chance weapon if someone grabs her to use more or less as a press and pull belly gun to get them the hell off her or as a close range weapon.

LC9 makes a good carry for a female, easily concealed and does the job.

Get her a good concealed holster system or it will sit on the shelf unused. Let her pick the holster, the under the bra type work very well for most clothing but it depends on her wardrobe. 

Not going to be a pleasure to shoot more than a mag or two but its not a range pistol.(shooting glove helps)

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 1

Been looking at the new glock 380 for my wife....fondled one at my LGS yesterday when I stopped in to pick up my A400. Very nice little pistol he had $375 on it...havent had a chance to see if that is a good price.... I dont own a 380 so I have looking around for ammo...my WM had plenty in stock today....FWIW

• Like 1

Looking for a small compact pistol for a friend, wants to buy a compact pistol for his wife.

Would like to stay with 9mm

TIA

The new .380 sd rounds are pretty potent. My wife loves her American made Glock 42. It shoots really well compared to all the rest of the mouse guns and fits like a full frame in small hands. Building confidence in shooters is important so make sure to show her this one. Chicks know or have heard of Glock and like the bad ass image, plus they are getting a dependable shooter with accuracy. Just need to have more focus on the trigger safety.

Good luck! If you have to go 9mm, get her a blinged out R9! smile.png

post-24315-0-21318100-1419471034_thumb.jpg

post-24315-0-22682000-1419471063_thumb.jpg

post-24315-0-35771700-1419471088_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 2

Friend bought the 9 S&W Shield, him and his wife will be looking on friday. He did bring up the 380 couple times in conversation today for his wife. Maybe the best route to take, she after all has to be comfortable with it.

Good info all,

Thank you

Got 8min till, Merry Christmas...!!!

Edited by SmilinEd