My Christmas present to a severely spoiled child.

Decided to make something nice for my incredibly spoiled step-brother, I wasn't going to give him anything, but then I thought of something better than that.

First some back story on why he's spoiled and why I don't think he deserves half of what he has.

Over the summer he broke a window at his mom's house, not accidentally like most of us have probably done, but on purpose because he was angry at something. Neither parent did a thing as punishment.

Around the end of summer, he stole $100 from his mom to buy games on Xbox live. The only punishment here, was that he had to cut his mom's grass for free to make up for it. (He was already cutting grass for $20 a week)  Since this was a couple weeks before his 12th birthday, he still got a big flat screen TV for his room.

Not entirely his fault, but since he shared his account with a friend, that friend then stole another $600 from his mom, to buy games on xbox live. ( I haven't heard much on how that one turned out, probably don't want to)

He recently brought home three F's on a report card. Neither parent did a thing as punishment.

Earlier this month his parents went to Florida on a business trip, he whined and complained about not being able to go until finally his dad bought him a PS4 ($400) for Christmas, and gave it to him two weeks early.

What I've done for his Christmas present, is pick up some of the trash he leaves in the computer room, boxed it up with two of HIS games, then wrapped it in two rolls of duck tape(110 yards worth), he won't be allowed to use a knife or scissors to open it.

To make it even worse for him to open, I did a single wrap, and then changed direction, so he won't be able to find and end and just pull. I also cut the duck tape with a sharp knife, to make the ends alot harder to actually find. 

It should make for a funny Christmas morning.haha.gif

Contents: two PS3 games in the wrong cases (as they usually are), random wrappers, an empty pop can, an empty yoohoo carton, a dirty sock, a can of cheddar, and a charcoal briquette (because it wasn't worth the effort to get an actual lump of coal)

142_3619.jpg

First seal of duck tape.

142_3620.jpg

Reinforcing the weak spots so he can't jam something in an edge and just rip the tape off.

142_3621.jpg

The first crossing of duck tape, I wrap one direction, then the other, then the other, creating kind of a weave of frustration.

142_3622.jpg

The first complete covering

142_3623.jpg

The first roll

142_3624.jpg

Both rolls done, and it'll have normal wrapping over this.

142_3625.jpg

Edited by JoeAK
  • Like 8

I think you forgot to poop in the box.

That'd be a bit much, but it does remind me, there IS a paper towel with rotten apple on it.

One of his equally stupid friends thought it would be funny to throw it at my window.

What is your goal? What's the age difference?

Be the bigger brother and ignore the BS.

Good prank but, give it to him after Christmas.

I agree with Sim.

Be the big brother and ignore the little bastard. If you give him that on Christmas morning in front of family it will blow up in your face. You will be the bad guy for hurting the young Lord's feelings.

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but I say fuck the brats feelings, and screw the family's feelings too.  If they are upset that the poor boys feelings get hurt, they are in denial of his shitty behaviour or just covering up for it.  Im sure he will be treated like a king on christmas, until your box is opened, and then maybe start to understand that not everybody will abide by his rules.  

If he grows out of this phase and ends up a good adult, he will laugh at this later and youll be friendly enough to laugh about it together.   Kids change in big ways between 15 and 30, and find the realization, 'man I was a douchebag back then', and they are right.  But self realization cant be attained without a couple knocks in the head, so to speak.

However, I fear that getting away with theft and vandalism early in life, will just snowball into worse things that he wont get away with.  

If its not under the tree yet, dont pull it out until the very end.  Dont forget to tell him with a smile 'I got you something really special, you really deserve it bro'....  Get ready for the fun.....

• Like 4

The goal is a good laugh, I agree that him opening it in front of family is a bad idea, so he gets to open it today, or at least start opening it today.

Ignoring all the BS is exactly why he is how he is, everyone on his side of the family still thinks he's the good little kid that he used to be. The ones that care enough to do something about it, never hear about it, that leaves his parents that won't lift a finger, his cousin, and me.

This isn't all I'm doing, I do try to set a good example whenever I can, and help keep him in line around the house.

Gifts only carry a meaning when the recipient has the character  to appreciate that someone worked hard to acquire the gift.

And can equate the labor to feelings for the gifted.

These days so many kids have no comprehension of earning anything,  

Certainly half of our adult population believes they are entitled to everything others sacrifice and work to acquire.   

• Like 1