Its no different than the bullshit that stirred up about the newer Red Dawn. Why the fuck do we care what these fucking countries think of our productions? Its rather disgusting to think that our films have to be under the PC bullshit. Heaven forbid we piss off a country we dont really care about anyway. rolleyes.gif

• Like 3

This will be interesting to watch with the dual release...I believe this is the beginning of the end of the theater release and theaters in general. Film companies would love to cut out the middle man.

Kim can eat a dick!

Edited by sccritterkiller
  • Like 1

It all could have started with a Sony employee surfing risky websites and got their computer infected with a run of the mill virus or malware. Or the employee may have clicked on a link in a spam email. Once the hacker saw what they had, they could do more specific targeted attacks or sold their info to other hackers. Or as stated before, it easily could have been a disgruntled employee who did it on purpose.

Probably a very low tech attack that should have been discovered and stopped by Sony's IT people. Possible it just appeared to be normal user traffic though too, especially if done from the inside. It could also easily be some punk kid in his mom's basement.

I think any of that is much more likely than this being NK sponsored activity. Maybe something dreamed up in Arlington, VA to make NK look bad I suppose. That's just silly enough to be possible.  :)

People really think North Korea has the capability to do this?

North Korea has the capability to pay Chinese hacker groups, which is supposedly what happened.

I have obtained the movie and will be watching it tonight. I was going to see it any way before any of this crap happened. I love the Rogen/Franco stoner comedies.

I'm sorry, but I think Seth Rogen is an absolute fucking moron and when I watch any of his "films" I can feel my brain cells exploding in apathy. I had no intention of watching this movie , just like any of his other movies, until this happened. Now, I will find some way to financially support this. Why? Because fuck you.

• Like 1

Havent watched it, got bigger fish frying ATM.

That said what I find disturbing is the lack of trustworthy sources to have any idea what happened.

The Black/White Hats are mixed but seem to support the theory of the Ruskies or Chicoms conversely NK is seen as somewhat of a half joke half false flag.

I wouldn't believe the FBI on a bet just from past history.

So that leaves us in a world of hurt as now we gotta ask the questions that dont get answered at a time when we really need some.

Unless of course one just doesnt ask the questions and swallows whatever they are fed.

Or the mostly Japanese controlled BOD wanted to remove Mosk & Pascal and did the hack themselves pointing fingers at the Norks..

Get rid of those two libtards, hack their emails, publicly shame them, and make some extra money with the fake hack story...

IDK, to much Christmas candy maybe. 

Of course there are sources, many of them in fact, that break away from the State line but none are institutional.

Even in past harsh tyrannies voices of sanity existed, just none with much influence as we see here now. 

Unfortunately a person such as Mr. Johnson with an appreciation of truth over policy does not head the FBI, a shame really but the kind of nation where such would be the case would not be having these issues would they.

I will bet money.........its was hacked by one of the software & movie  Pirate distribution groups, using Korean IP's as proxies to both mask themselves and put the heat on the OBVIOUS patsy little Kim, instead of the pirate distribution groups that are monitored by the movie industry

this was no big threat nor big hack, it happens daily, this was a case of Sony's systems admin asleep on the job so to speak & not being vigilant reading the log files or password protecting additional directories (double pass wording the server & sensitive directories), this is an embarrassment for Sony and they not only made a hasty decision to not show the film but I bet they assumed it was Korea and called the FBI....and now there is an excuse for another shit storm

the movie has been available in the underground for download days before it was released in the theatres