I'm looking at a pistol I'm interested in on GB. Condition is "factory new", but it says it has a slight blemish, and it's not able to pass the normal rigorous inspection process, so it's being sold through the "blemish program". The price is less than the same pistol without blemish.

Does this sound legit or could the seller be trying to just get rid of it because it's defective in some other way?  

could be legit, depending on what that blemish is. If it's cosmetic and doesn't affect function, but who the heck knows. Ask for pics of the "blemish" in question and make sure that's the only problem with it once you get it, otherwise you open up wide for any defects, because they are not spelled out during the sale.

• Like 1

depends on whose definition of blemish it is.

my PSA lower is a blemish and for the life of me I couldn't find the blemish when I received it. there was maybe one small mark near the buffer tube extension that had the finish nicked off.

there are some people who will throw a fit over stuff like this, which is why manufacturers offer blemished discounts.

Years ago when there was practically zero after market support for the AR15 platform, we found that a few manufactures would ATTEMPT to dump their defective products under the guise of being a visual defect. Only when the part would not work in a build was it determined that lots of things OTHER than a visual ouchie was responsible. Dunno about today. My paranoia here is telling me there MAY be other things wrong with that part. Just me. HB of CJ (old coot)