Non magnetic 7.62x39 to comply with range rules

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SuRrEaLNJ

SuRrEaLNJ

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:39 PM

The one range I belong too recently started magnet testing ammo looking for steel cores. As we all know the x39 bimetallic jacket isn't magnet friendly. I'm having a hard time sorting through things via the Google and am having a hard time coming up with a clear picture. I need to find out what 762x39 is not magnetic for when I do want to shoot this thing at the indoor range. If anyone else has hit this restriction what are you guys using?

#2 _Boris_

_Boris_

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

One local club has non-steel core restriction for a long time, mainly because it would punch through steel plate overhead the length of range, destroying them. Most corrosive surplus is steel core, but I believe that Yugo wasn't. Also any boxer primer isn't too. It's more expensive but I'm done with blowing through mags for gigles and actually try to hit things with my reloaded ammo. It sucks to pay more for ammo, but recent manufacture is usually more accurate and non-corrosive.

#3 Mullet Man

Mullet Man

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:41 PM

PPU, prvi partizan.
Magnetic BS pisses me off!

Are you a resident of Illinois? Join www.Illinoiscarry.com

Items for sale...http://forum.saiga-1...-vepr12-and-ak/

#4 W8lifter

W8lifter

Privilege Checker

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:41 PM

RAS copper-jacket 7.62 is steel-cased but the projectile itself is non-magnetic. That would be your lowest-cost option ($0.36/rd shipped). Their M67-style 7.62 is also non-magnetic but for that price you're probably better off with PPU.

I know things 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users