Anyone running a See All Open Sight?

Looks good on  the Saiga. To many of the current optics looks unbalanced on the Saiga 12. I think you will like how it performs as well.

One thing I've discovered with these sights, is that it will not gather light unless the light source is above or behind you. I found that if I cut a little of the black off the front of the FO then it will greatly increase its ability to gather light from the front. I just cut about half way down the FO and it seemed to be enough.

Any pics?

I actually received one of these about a month ago but with the horrible weather (mostly temps) I have not even thought about putting it on a gun yet.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The appeal to me is that it does not require batteries, maybe I'll just get it and do a review, looks promising from what I've read online.

Got the sight after 3 days thanks to Tandemkross, seems high quality but I'm worried about it not staying onto the plastic handgaurd but we will see after a few dozen loads through it. Will take it to

My vote: Continue the full-size, develop the 50% percent size & make tritium illumination an option for both.

Looks good on  the Saiga. To many of the current optics looks unbalanced on the Saiga 12. I think you will like how it performs as well.

One thing I've discovered with these sights, is that it will not gather light unless the light source is above or behind you. I found that if I cut a little of the black off the front of the FO then it will greatly increase its ability to gather light from the front. I just cut about half way down the FO and it seemed to be enough.

Any pics?

I actually received one of these about a month ago but with the horrible weather (mostly temps) I have not even thought about putting it on a gun yet.

Actually just got it to the range two days ago. Love it. Fast and accurate. Think of it as a super fast illuminated iron sight where you don't lose your peripheral vision. Excellent for a CQB open sight, which is what I wanted it for. Could do without the billboard o the side, but that is a small issue. 

IMG_20150219_005513.jpg

• Like 2

I have one and really like it. My 50+ year old eyes pick it up very fast. That is why I bought it in the first place. Back when I bought mine they had a 30 day policy that you could return it if you did not like it. I liked it, and will probably buy another.

GUYS,

THIS JUST FLOATED IN OVER THE TRANSOM.....

Good morning Jesse,

The problem was the licensing for the handling of the tritium, however at Shot Show 2015 we found a partner who is willing do all of the handling under their license & is now being fitted to see which method we will use, then it will be off to testing. It will be available later this year.

We have built the smaller handgun model prototype; it will be heading to testing within the next couple of months, it may not be available until Shot Show 2016 (still under discussion).

Thanks for your suggestion,

Stephanie Leavitt

BLACKFOOT, IDAHO 83221

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 11:06 AM, JESS <stephanie.seeallopensight@gmail.com> wrote:
Name: JESS

Email:

Comments: SEE-ALL,
   I CALLED UP THERE A WHILE BACK AND SPOKE TO ONE OF THE LADIES THERE.

IN THE COURSE OF THE CONVERSATION, I ASKED IF Y'ALL HAD EVER CONSIDERED A TRITIUM VIAL, MAKING IT A 24/7 SIGHT, AND SHE SAID THAT IT HAD BEEN CONSIDERED, BUT HAD BEEN DEEMED TOO EXPENSIVE.

BELOW IS AN INEXPENSIVE SOURCE FOR TRITIUM VIALS.

JUST COPY AND PASTE THE ADDRESS INTO YOUR BROWSER WINDOW.

HOW ARE YOU COMING ALONG ON YOUR SMALLER HANDGUN MODEL?

THANKS,
   JESS
https://www.etsy.com/listing/177742229/095-x-3mm-green-tritium-vial?ref=related-1

Sweet update. I'm interested in both the mini and the 24/7 option. My is lost in tracking somewhere should have arrived last thur, still no show. Kinda bummed, wanted to use on hog hunt.

WAGNIKOV,

SOME UPS DRIVER IS OUT WHACKIN' HOGS WITH YOUR SEE-ALLhaha.gif 

JESS1344

I thought you would be installing the vials yourself.

GUNFUN,

THAT WAS MY ORIGINAL THOUGHT, BUT IF THEY'RE GOING TO DO IT FOR ME.......

JESS1344

• Like 1

GUYS,

HERE'S MY REPLY, MAYBE THIS WILL SERVE TO TIGHTEN THEIR OODA LOOP, AND GET THE SMALLER/TRITIUM POWERED VERSION INTO OUR WARM LITTLE HANDS A BIT SOONER.

STEPHANIE,
   THANK YOU FOR YOUR SWIFT REPLY.

YOUR SIGHT IS ATTRACTING A LOT OF ATTENTION OVER ON THE SAIGA-12 FORUM W-SITE, WITH SOME OF US REEEEEALLY WANTING THE TRITIUM POWERED AND THE SMALLER VERSION, AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY.

JUST A WORD TO THE WISE, YOU'VE GOT A LOT OF BUSINESS AND $$$ HANGING FIRE ON THESE DECISIONS, THAT COULD BE IN SEE-ALL'S POCKET.

JUS' SAYIN'.............

IF YOU DON'T MIND, I'LL CUT-N-PASTE YOUR REPLY IN THE "SEE-ALL" THREAD, ON THE SAIGA-12 FORUM.

THANKS,
   JESS
  • 2 weeks later...

GUYS,

LATEST COMMO FROM SEE-ALL.......

JESS1344

Date: Friday, March 13, 2015
Subject: [see All Open Sight Contact] 
To: Stephanie Leavitt <stephanie.seeallopensight@gmail.com>

We do have our tritium in the process of testing right now it should be done in a month or two they are telling us.  The smaller handgun model is going to be the best thing we have ever done we have our prototypes done now and are moving into testing.

thanks
  • 3 weeks later...

It may depend on your eyesight, but this is your basic open iron sights. If your vision is decent without weirdness, I don't see an advantage from regular iron sights.

Disadvantage to iron sights, 1. it's open plastic. It's not something I'd through in my trunk, the top portion will get dinged up. 2. Regular iron sights are low profile, no rails needed.

For $100, I'm not likely to try it.

It is different than an open iron sight because it uses an optic technology to project the triangle on the lens.  It is actually more like a reflex sight

Regardless of implementation, iron sights require shooter's eye be alligned with the front/rear sight, then on the target. The holo sights allow your head to be in slightly different position, you only align the dot with the target, i.e. it's faster to do. Implementation is like War and Peace in Russian or English, same thing, different way to communicate.

I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned, this sight is parallax free. So moving your head side to side does not change the point of impact. Or is that point of aim? Idk. Either way once you've got it sighted in, the bullet will hit where the tip of the triangle is regardless of the angle that you're looking at it.

• Like 1

I plan to go shooting this weekend. I can say from my expirence I'm am very impressed. This sight is much more than an iron sight replacement. I let my kids try out the sight in the palm of there hand and they could aim it! It's is designed to be aimed through secondary focus(like peripheral vison) so you look throught it,but your brain points the tip of the triangle intuitively.I have tried various sights. I have a vortex sparc(which I love) and eotech(which I love) an I believe the see-all to be true parallax free. The reason I say this is you can lazer bore sight the guns. Set em on sand bags. Then mover your eye postion relative to the gun, without touching the gun and the reticle moves in relationship to the stationary lazer. I.E the point of aim moves. It does not move on the see all! So pending holding zero, this thing should prove to be very "repeatable accurate" independant of shooter check weld. This is super important for home defense with multiple shooter, and also on any ak platform as "check weld" is more of a term of reference than an actual acquisition. It weighs less than two ounces and..... If you have an opinion that's cool, but if you have an expirenced opinion that has value. Most things I have found to like/love have been against "popular opinion. It's a brilliant design, never really done before, it's only real hoop to jump is durability and longevity. It's super light, batteries free, 100% water proof, parallax free, extreme eye relief, and very reasonably prices. That's MY opinion. The vepr 12 will be JUDGE. I will be using this for GunFuns slug shoot out.

• Like 2

Probably one of those things where the link goes to the phone version?

This must be the one you linked:

Yeah, that's probably what happened. Anyway, it's a great review and he goes over virtually everything about the sight. Also some Saiga 12 action in there :D

This one is less enthusiastic, but seems fair. 

one thought that occurs is that while it blocks part of your vision, it doesn't provide any range comparison aspects. If you are shooting far, your hold overs are going to be awkward. 

I think I would like this as a 45* sight on a competition gun with a proper scope at 12 o clock.  Every time I see it though, I think the aluminum portion should be a trapezoid with radiused corners, and that the giant logo on the side and back needs to go.

• 2 months later...

GUYS,

GOT A CALL LAST NIGHT FROM STEPHANIE AT SEEALL.

I COULDN'T GET TO THE PHONE IN TIME, BUT SHE LEFT A V/M, SAYING THAT PROGRESS IS ONGOING ON BOTH THE TRITIUM AND MINIATURIZED VERSIONS OF THEIR SIGHTS.

I HAVE TWO OF THE CURRENT VERSIONS ENROUTE; TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT TO PUT THEM ON..............

DECISIONS, DECISIONS..................MOST EVERYTHING HAS AN OPTIC MOUNTED ALREADY (I'M ABOUT BAT-FUCKING-BLIND WITH IRONS).

POLISH 1960, PPS43-C............**SIGH**....

JESS1344

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

GUYS,

SPOKE WITH STEPHANIE LAST NIGHT, SHE SAID THAT THE MINIATURIZED, TRITIUM POWERED VERSION SHOULD BE OUT BY JAN. 1 '16.

THE TWO HOLDUPS HAVE BEEN, ONE, THE USG BEING A PAIN-IN-THE-ASS OVER THE TRITIUM (SOMETHING ABOUT IT BEING USED IN NUCLEAR TRIGGERS), SO THE TRITIUM INSTALL IS BEING HANDLED BY ANOTHER COMPANY, THAT IS PRESUMABLY CLEARED TO HANDLE TRITIUM.

ANYONE THAT IS FAMILIAR WITH THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS THAT THE ARMSON OEG PEOPLE WENT THROUGH WITH THE OLD AEC (PRE NRC) OVER THE SECURE HANDLING OF TRITIUM, KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

THE OTHER ISSUE IS THAT THE VARIOUS OWNERS CAN'T DECIDE WHETHER TO COMPLETELY DISCONTINUE THE CURRENT, LARGER, NON-TRITIUM VERSION, AND JUST GO WITH THE SMALLER, TRITIUM VERSION ONLY, OR KEEP BOTH AND APPLY TRITIUM TO BOTH.

PERSONALLY, I WOULD PREFER TO KEEP BOTH THE OLDER, LARGER VERSION, AS WELL AS THE NEWER, SMALLER VERSION, AND NUKE-UP BOTH.

I TOLD STEPHANIE THAT I WOULD PUT THE QUESTION TO THE MEMBERSHIP, AND SEE WHAT THE BROTHERS (AND SISTERS) THOUGHT.

SO WHAT SAY YE??

BTW, STEPHANIE SAYS THAT THE SMALLER VERSION WILL BE SOMETHING BETWEEN 50%-75% OF THE CURRENT LARGER VERSION, IN SIZE.

GUESS I COULD THROW IN A SECOND QUESTION ABOUT PREFERRED SIZE, ALSO, SO, 50% OR 75%??

JESS1344

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...