Looking back on the last year its been a roller coaster, but its been a roller coaster of almost constant work. Sitting down with a drink at the end of the year I feel beat up. Getting treated like a disposable resource from contractor to contractor while chasing money hasn't been kind.

That being said I've managed to lump away some major expenses in stride while still gathering parts for a bike build. I can't say I haven't benefited. I was able to have a new chimney put up, bought new furniture, 12 face cord of wood for those northern winters, all while keeping bills under wraps, and dealing with the usual unusual issues that come from being a homeowner.

Not where I wanted to be, but I think I'm on track.

"... that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

• Like 1