Titan dust cover rail on a Mak-90?

I have read that that since Veprs have a larger diameter rear sight block, the Titan dust cover rail will not fit them.

I noticed on the Chaos webpage there is an option for Saigas and for AK47s. 

http://www.chaosus.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=AK_QUAD_RAIL_REAR

What is the difference between the two? And any idea if Titan rear rail will work on a Mak-90, or does it also have a larger diameter rear sight block? 

Thanks. 

Ok, however I don't know what you mean exactly by "hardware". Could you please explain?

I ordered a Titan rail for a Mak-90 from CSS because they have them in stock at the moment, but then only later noticed the two options on the Chaos website, which the CSS website does not have. 

Thanks for the help. 

An AK titan has a different rear key than the Saiga 7.62, also the Saiga 7.62 requires a split brackett that we manufacture for mounting the front of rail since there is no front hand guard retainer like on a traditional AK. You will require the AK Titan from what I can tell looking @ online pics of the Mak-90.

• 1 month later...

Sad to report the Titan AK dustcover rail will not fit either on a milled SLR-95 or a Mak-90. 

The rear sight block is simply too wide. This photos of the gas tube release lever shows the difference. 

001B_zps48eca3db.jpg

Edited by Belloc

Sad to report the Titan AK dustcover rail will not fit either on a milled SLR-95 or a Mak-90. 

The rear sight block is simply too wide. This photos of the gas tube release lever shows the difference. 

001B_zps48eca3db.jpg

With a slight mod, removing about .03 off the inside of our hinge area on both sides will allow our rear rail to fit. People have been fitting these on milled receivers from the get go. You can't go by your comparison of the two pins shown above as the variables don't apply, hope this helps.

Ok, I think I am following now, and this video was helpful.

So there are differences between the front hand guard hardware, but no differences with the over the dust cover rail seen here:

Titan_zps1c606835.jpg

Correct? 

yes.

Perhaps a different rear sight block? Clearly from the pics of the milled and stamped gas tube lever there is a difference in width.

This is as far down as the rail will go. 

IMG_1763_zpsdv8dvfhh.jpg

The wider than stamped rear sight block just stops it cold from going any further. 

IMG_1766_zps93tv9oww.jpg

Perhaps a different rear sight block? Clearly from the pics of the milled and stamped gas tube lever there is a difference in width.

This is as far down as the rail will go. 

IMG_1763_zpsdv8dvfhh.jpg

The wider than stamped rear sight block just stops it cold from going any further. 

IMG_1766_zps93tv9oww.jpg

That's because you haven't removed any material from either side of the hinge area! These are not designed to just slip on a milled receiver, you have just sprung the hinge to get it over the rear sight block, so yeah that's not going to fit like that. I have attached an image showing you where to remove material.

post-11513-0-61806100-1425578949_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

We have a custom shop for fitting these now, call our customer service for price and time. If you want to do it yourself, I would used an angle grinder, just remember to remove same amount from each side until it fits. 

• 1 month later...

I think there been a misunderstanding, we do take over the phone orders for these, customer service just wasn't sure if you could use it for that application.