Hello Everyone:

It seems like we are seeing all the faults of liberalism/leftism with the current president. Whether the next President is male or female, I hope they are someone with "balls" and dumps all the self-deprecation that's happening.

Anyway ... it occured to me it might be ok to share a college memory of mine. I once had to take a political science course to fulfill a humanties requirement. The professor basically promoted communist political theory.  

The Berlin Wall fell the next semester.

He seemed to keep a lower profile afterwards. I didn't see him walking around campus as often.

Just sayin' ...

I had  very liberal history teacher (spelled "indoctrinator") at Methodist College in NC, teaching "History of Japan and Southeast Asia".. He would use any excuse to give low grades to those on the Right. He was also a predatory homosexual. When approached concerning the low grades, he would invariably invite the young man over to his house for "tea". It was widely understood what had to happen in order get a better grade. His name escapes me or I'd post it. This was in the early 1980s. I turned down the offer of "tea", and went to the Dean. The Dean told me "he's tenured". My "D"  remained unchanged.

I'd like to know when he finally croaks so I can piss on his grave.

Edited by patriot

Among my professors there was a mix.  From hard right to hard left.  My soc professor was by far the worst.  Former cop who used to tell us stories about abusing prisoners while at the same time telling us that only cops should be allowed to have guns.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that any dose of reality will ever penetrate those people.  For the more casual leftist there may be hope.

The majority of my professors were liberal, with a few hardcore conservatives. The difference is, you would never know it by the way they taught. Politics never came up, period, they taught the subject using the latest theories and research and presented multiple sides for discussion. It might have been because my majors, Engineering and Economics, stress having an open mind and processing every problem instead of jumping to any assumptions.

I usually stuck around to chat, so I got a view into the profs politics. Most of them were hippie academics, but recognized their ideas could be wrong.

This ashamedly for me, was the primary reason that I never finished college. I was married, had a mortgage, car payments, and tuition. I grew tired very quickly of being told how and what to think. I was only 40 hours away from a double major in Chemistry and Environmental Science and Technology when two separate professors stated, "When you get into the real world..."

Two pencil neck professors that have never left academia, were going to tell me about the real world. Given my major, Most were communists, especially on the ES&T front. Funny thing is for the last 21 years, (the job I started in college) I have been selling pretreatment and metalworking fluid chemistry and make a good living doing so. Selling Hexavalent Chrome conversion coatings to meet DTL specs isn't exactly in line with Environmental Science and Technology professor's comfort zone.

It hasn't hurt me, but I do wish I had finished, if nothing else for the example to be set for my two daughters. I try to teach them success is earned, not guaranteed by a piece of paper. But I also understand now that I am older, that despite the liberal BS and being told how to think, that Diploma was something that also had to be earned.

Had one professor basically not allow me to make up assignments missed during my 2 week annual training.  Talked to the VA rep, and retook the class with a different professor free of charge the next semester.  The other professor was fired for discrimination against a Guardsman. 

One asshole down!

• Like 1

I had a mix also. Most of mine were pretty darn old so they were ok. The others were foreigners who bitched a lot about the countries they left so believe it or not, they were also ok. But then I had the political science and a few history professors who were hard core commies.

Took a English Lit class in Winchester, VA (lived in Lorton VA and only on Saturdays) for my BBA.  Think I was 38 or 39, had just retired.  The little creep would constantly talk about his hatred of all things Bush and Republicans and how stupid his West VA in-laws were and are. I finally had enough, stood up in class and told him that I served 21 years so I could use my GI Bill to listen to his crap?  Walked out and went to the Dean.  The next Saturday, he apologized to the class and didn't bring up politics for the remainder of the course.  I got an A in that class...and I deserved it as well.  Averett University. 

• Like 1