Screw a carry handle & A1/A2 sights.

A set of Troy Ind folding sights, either regular $189. or tritium $289. .

https://troyind.com/backup-iron-sights/folding/micro-sets

And good RDS, Prismatic or 1-4x24 scope, on a quality mount.

• Like 1

A1's rear sights require a tool for windage adjustment and the only elevation adjustment is flipping from the short range aperture to the long range aperture.

A2 rear sights can be adjusted for windage by a knob and can be adjusted for elevation.

• Like 1

If you are going to go scoped, I would forego the carry handle option, as it places the optic way too high to get a decent cheek weld for a scope. If you want iron sights and a red dot or prismatic, then the carry handle with A2's and a flip up front is awesome.

IMHO, I wouldn't choose some "temporary" on the irons (which in your case with a flat top) are going to need to be permanent for back up despite the primary optic you choose. I have made this mistake a couple of times trying to save a few bucks and ended up spending more when I ended up replacing them.

I recommend buying a quality flip up set of BUIS as a start. I started with a Magpul set, but there are many quality sets out there for around a $100. I like and can recommend the Diamondhead flip up sights, as I like the sight profile for fast acquisition. They are adequate for longer range work as well. But either way buy quality BUIS from the get go that will stay on your rifle.

For glass that has enough magnification to handle longer range work and can still substitute as a short range battle sight it is really hard to beat the Primary Arms 1x6 with ACSS 5.56 reticle for the money. At 1x it can be used as a both eyes open battle sight, but has enough magnification for precision work as well.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Screw a carry handle & A1/A2 sights.

A set of Troy Ind folding sights, either regular $189. or tritium $289. .

https://troyind.com/backup-iron-sights/folding/micro-sets

And good RDS, Prismatic or 1-4x24 scope, on a quality mount.

+1 on the Troy sights. A bit pricy, but totally worth it. Especially the DOA rear sight.

My favorite optic is the Meprolight Tru-Dot RDS. Huge view port (bigger than an eotech), 15,000hr battery life, and a motion-activated power switch that shuts it off when the gun is not being moved. It's great for a bedside gun--no need to flip switches, just grab the gun and the sight is ready to go.