I Have decided to jump thru some hoops to try to prove I actually own 1 or 2 Saiga's . I hope I can pass the smell test now as I bought when Saiga's were cheaper. I bought 4 to put up for my two sons . The other's I bought to enjoy most of mine are EEA Corp from COCOA FL. I am not a serious shooter as I am lucky to get to go to the back of the farm and shoot once a month. I hope this stops some of the tar and feathering the next time I post on here , so here is my question as I am a new guy on this board. HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER USED A PHONEX KICK-LITE STOCK  , IF NOT CAN YOU RECOMEND A GOOD ONE IT HAS TO BE COLLAPSIBLE SO MY SONS CAN SHOOT IT . I NEED A SHORTER LENGTH OF PULL. IF NOT A PHOENIX CAN U RECOMEND A GOOD ONE I REALLY DONT WANT TO MOVE THE TRIGGER GROUP FORWARD . I WOULD APPRIECATE YOUR INPUT. THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY

post-50105-0-67261500-1420695316_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Are you in a State that will allow you to move the trigger group forward without additional restrictions? I know you say you do not want to move the trigger group forward, but look at the picture of your rifles. If reducing LOP is a primary goal, moving the trigger group forward will reduce LOP a minimum of 2" with the stocks that you currently have on the guns. You could reduce it even more with a 7.5" Ace stock set up.

I can't comment on the Phoenix Kicklite, as I have never owned one. But I can say that leaving the rifle in Sporter configuration is going to naturally keep the LOP long and affect balance and feel of the rifle. A balanced rifle (converted rifle) will do as much for making it more comfortable to shoot as shortening the LOP for smaller users.

If conversion is not an option, Ace makes a shorter version of the stock in the bottom of the pic. It looks like you have the 8.5 or 9.5" model. They also make a 7.5" which gives you another inch. Also if you are mechanically inclined, you can shorten any ACE stock, by driving out the roll pin in the front of the stock, removing the base, and cutting down the two tubes. The top is Delrin and the bottom is aluminum. Once you have them cut down to the length you want, place the base back on and drill through to reinstall the roll pin. You can shorten the LOP quite a bit using this method.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 2

On behalf of the forum I apologize that some of the members here come off as some what dickish. Nice collection, you think you have a problem now wait until you convert one of them and you'll really get the fever.

Welcome to the forum! Stick around and we'll be happy to help.

• Like 4

Well, a few of us might have thought you are/were a poster that has be banned from here.

I went back close to 200 pages, all his posts have been removed.

Nice pic of the arsenal.

I purchased several items scopes, ammo, and such, over the last several months.

Wife received a new living room.

Welcome aboard

I have a lot of work to do . I would like to convert all of them but I cant find anyone here in central Ky to help me with it. Saigas are not very popular here . everybody is AR or Wasr . I really don't want to ruin one from stupidity.i recently got a 308 Saiga and having been acquiring 7.62 x 51 mke for 10.60 a box from wally world . I AM THINGING ABOUT NOT CONVERTING THE 4 IN THE BOXES TO GIVE TO MY 2 SONS WHEN THEY COME OF AGE . WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO CONVERT OR NOT

If you're hesitant about doing the work yourself, get in touch with Alex at Legion USA.

They do great work at very fair prices.  Their turn around time is pretty quick and if you were ever in a position where you needed to sell one (don't do it!), a buyer is going to be a lot more impressed hearing that the work was done by Legion than by some guy in his garage.

https://www.legionusa.com

logo_y2wp-db.png

Edited by SGL

WARNING, WILL ROBINSON, (The New Guy) WARNING, WARNING! Abandon all hope all who enter here. Welcome to the fun and madness of the Saiga thing. There is no known cure! Signs and symptoms include fun, giggles, a big smile and an empty wallet!!

How old are your young people? Reason I ask is that my dad kinda ignored the heavy recoil thing when teaching his boys. I still have bad flinching problems 60 years latter. Any possible way you can teach them using a low recoil platform?

Just asking. No disrespect intended or implied. Do not let some people on this forum wear you down. You have a fine large Saiga collection. We all $envy$ you. I do. Can I borrow about 5000 rounds of ammo? HB of CJ (old coot) smile.pngsmile.png

I will gladly maybe return any remaining ammo Tuesday for all the ammo borrowed today. smile.png

Convert one of your rifles....just one and make your decision from there. I was in your shoes at one time. The thought of drilling rivets out of a firearm and "converting" a Saiga for me was akin to doing restoration work on the Mona Lisa. I promise you it is not as hard as you think. The tutorial videos on Carolina Shooter supplies will completely walk you through every step and you can even hit pause and rewind. If you can follow the directions that Martha Stewart gives on TV to bake a cake, you can convert a Saiga. The feel and balance of your newly converted rifle, and the satisfaction that you have knowing, "I did that" will sell you.

A basic conversion will run you about $130-140 if you buy a kit from CSS. You can do it cheaper if you are frugal and look for deals on the individual parts. A basic conversion will get you a stock, pistol grip, Tapco G2 fire control group, new trigger guard, and axis pin retaining plate. Even a basic conversion gives you a dramatically different rifle. If you have questions or need help during the conversion, post up questions or PM me. I will be happy to shoot you my number as well.

You can do this.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 2

I have the kicklight on my win 1300 and saiga 12 .very nice setup,target acquisition is much faster,you will need an adapter to make it a folder,i think css sells them. by the way how did you get you weapons to hang on the wall like that?

Edited by sparky63

I have the kicklight on my win 1300 and saiga 12 .very nice setup,target acquisition is much faster,you will need an adapter to make it a folder,i think css sells them. by the way how did you get you weapons to hang on the wall like that?

I think you're seeing that wrong, buddy. Looks like they're laying on boxes perhaps on a table. Check out the window and curtain in the background. smile.png

The New Guy: Don't know if you're  a repeat offender or not but either way this is exactly why I don't post much here anymore.

I got similar harassment when I first joined but stuck it out and tried to part of this community until it just became to much like work.

I like to share my projects and I thin I added something to this forum but eventually it just wasn't worth it.

I stop by once in a while but this place isn't very high up on "must check" list of forums.

The Saiga 12 is only the second shotgun I actually looked forward to owning. The Ithaca model 37 was my first. I haunted this forum for a long time reading and viewing others work before taking the plunge. I was a little hesitant, but excited to begin the conversion on my first Saiga. It's natural to feel uncomfortable, but when you realize you're undoing what was not intended to be done, you get a sense of satisfaction. I hit a few snags, but went to the CSS videos and made things right and I mean right not quick. When the last hole was plugged I couldn't believe I finished it and then the excitement really came, waiting to test it. It took a few months before I was able to fire it, but after adjusting the gas plug a bit, it worked flawlessly. We were shooting clays over the Kansas river and after putting double hits on some that stayed up long enough to follow, my co-worker wanted one. The only other addition I made other than the conversion was making a larger front bead out of a yellow quilting pin head. It's the right size for my ancient eyes. I've done two so far and you've got a lot of fun ahead of you with that group. If you need help, people will respond, although sometimes not as you expect. Have fun.

CAPS LOCK IS OK, I'M DEAF IN ONE EAR AND CAN'T HEAR OUT OF THE OTHER. GLAD YOU MADE IT DAVID, INTERESTED IN SOME DESIGN WORK?

I recently got moved to the F-35 program and I'm working 7 days a week with some weeks being 12s so I don't have much time to work in my shop.

Email me the info and I'll see what I can do for you :)

I recently got moved to the F-35 program and I'm working 7 days a week with some weeks being 12s so I don't have much time to work in my shop.

Email me the info and I'll see what I can do for you smile.png

This F-35 program????  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II

Way too cool Bob,

Welcome to the boards new guy....