Limbsaver without muzzle brake?

Greetings. I'm considering my first conversion. I'd like to do something to reduce muzzle climb, but' I'm not interested in a muzzle brake due to reported loudness, and I'd also like to add a flash hider. 

Have been reading a lot of Limbsaver reviews for shotguns and hunting rifles, and most people rave about how well it works. They also have a new Airtech model that supposedly works better than the last model.

Most of the reviews though are for shotguns or hunting rifles. Has anyone tried a setup like this on their Saiga (LImbsaver with no brake) or AK? if so, what was the muzzle climb/ recoil like? 

Thanks!

Unless I'm missing something, a  recoil pad isn't going to do much anything to reduce muzzle climb, it's only going to pad your shoulder against the force of recoil.  I see that this is claimed in their marketing materials, but it strikes me as something that came up in an ad meeting when they were trying to come up with a list of benefits that the product could possibly provide.

A pad can be nice on a shotgun if you're shooting all day, but seems totally unnecessary on a x39 gun.

I think GunFun is a fan of recoil pads (at least on shotguns), so maybe he can chime in with his experience.   

Unless I'm missing something, a  recoil pad isn't going to do much anything to reduce muzzle climb, it's only going to pad your shoulder against the force of recoil.  

I was actually wondering if this was the case, hopefully someone has tested.