Just a head's up.  This year Turbo Tax doesn't include the schedule C, D, and E.  You have to pay extra for those.  If you have to use those schedules (like I do) you may want to look at other tax software.  I know I'm not buying TT this year.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/many-turbotax-users-fuming-why-191018954.html

And a bad accountant can cost you a ton of money.  Like $9,000 on my last return, difference between shitty accountant doing it wrong and me doing it myself with software.

That's the second time an accountant has fucked me over.  Not any more.

Pay an accountant if that gives you warm and fuzzies.

I did my own taxes for years.  Last year I previewed everything on turbotax first, then went to a local accountant who people love, he was said to do a great job and supposed to save everyone lots of money.  Long story short, i walked out and did my own taxes like every other year.  

Good info Darth.  And I just learned what schedule c, d, and e apply to.  And I dont need them, its great and sad all at the same time.

Why in the world would I pay a CPA $200+ to do my taxes with the same damned software that I can buy at Staples? The last accountant I had was a retired IRS agent, who you would think wouldn't get you in a sticky. Nooo. At least he had to pay the fines instead of me. 

Good info DS for those who use software. I did my own on TT for 8 years, and for a majority of people it saves them money. I use a trusted, well respected accountant now that my taxes are more complicated, $400 for prep by someone who understands the ridiculous tax code and audit security (She meets with the IRS in the case of an audit) is money well spent in my case. Accountants are just like any other trade, there are good ones and bad ones so it pays off doing your research before hiring one.

Just a head's up. This year Turbo Tax doesn't include the schedule C, D, and E. You have to pay extra for those. If you have to use those schedules (like I do) you may want to look at other tax software. I know I'm not buying TT this year.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/many-turbotax-users-fuming-why-191018954.html

Been using tax act for years like it a lot no problems