Hey Everybody:

I want to submit something I propose is real, but very subtle. Very subtle. Yet it's part of the big picture. 

We've all heard how good can come from evil, but I have also seen (and experienced) a paradoxical phoenomena where basically something good can unwittingly be used for bad. If you believe the devil exists, that is often how he operates. So .... if you'll accept that premise, the following will hopefully make sense.

A part of what were dealing with in the West is a twisting of Christian ethics where one could say the whole "love thy neighbor" ethos is being adhered to to a fault. This is exacerbated by the feminized culture of the modern church which is passive in nature. Mix this with the feminine culture of the left and it's been a recipe for disaster. It seems a way to gauge a church today is by how emotional the songs are. It's been years since I've heard the song "Onward Christian Soldiers."  

The West seems to be paying for the efeminate, hippy-like, kumbaya portrayal of Jesus that has induced cultural weakness. Also, there seems to be an exclusion of the masculine nature of the men of the Bible. At least there's no emphasis on it. You don't hear sermons about how King David was a great warrior and knew how to kill folks in hand-to-hand combat. I dare say Jesus would have another money changer moment (where he was angry in a manly, physical manner) with regards to today's churchs' culture. A part of Islam's view of the Christian West is that of a weak woman ... ironically due to our adherence to our modern sense of good that's rooted in Christianity. It's as if the devil has taken full advantage of the "turn the other cheek" thing which I've heard has been taken out of context in modern times.  

As a Christian, I am angry about the church's passivity in the face of today's evil. Why are we not following Jesus's own masculine money changer moment example. He called a spade a spade and acted accordingly, but we don't.

I am not embarrassed to share that I've had some counseling about things earlier in my life with a counselor who is a former Navy officer, but happens to also be an ordained minister. According to him, some of my problems were rooted in being psychologically emasculated by the church's culture (something good being used to do something bad). That seems to have happened to our society as a whole too, and has been been exacerbated by the liberal left.

Unless our culture stops dismissing all things masculine, this conflict with Islam will never end. They respect masculine strength -  not feminine weakness. We must ditch weak self-loathing political correctness (which seems to dovetail with the self-loathing sense of being a sinner taught in churches) that makes excuses for everything evil via moral relativism. As for the United States, I fear things won't really turn for the better until the hippy/liberal members of the baby-boomer generation are extinct. That's gonna be a while.

I hope this makes sense. It's just something to consider.

Meanwhile .... "Onward Christian Soldiers." Lock & load.

Edited by Squeaky
  • Like 6
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Everybody:   I want to submit something I propose is real, but very subtle. Very subtle. Yet it's part of the big picture.    We've all heard how good can come from evil, but I have also seen

I think SM will stand with me in saying, the promises of doom or salvation via someone elses saviour is neither helpful or scary.  We think its silly at best, and really annoying at worst.  At times o

Freedom OF religion, can only exist when there is freedom FROM religion.   Believe whatever you want, within the bounds of NOT forcing any of your BULLSHIT on me, and I will not force my BULLSHIT on

Posted Images

Thanks Squeaky. I totally agree. I see a huge culture shift, reducing the masculinity of a man. Almost approaching gender neutrality in things like kids toys and things geared toward young, impressionable people. I believe men should be able to be men. There were great men in the Bible, despite all of their faults. Today's man is assaulted for being a jerk, racist, woman hater, and abuser. You can be a man and still treat people with respect.

• Like 1

The problem is this.  When we say my religion is better than their religion, it makes us no better than our enemies who say the same thing. 

Eternal pissing matches over whos god is right and whos god is real and whos god is superior, dont solve anything.

As a matter of principle, both sides are doing the same thing when denouncing the other.  (obviously I realize christians arent typically terrorists)

• Like 4

I disagree

Just (saying )anything ...is not the SAME as slaughtering innocent people  and therefore we are different from our enemies.

My religion or how I may practice it has NOTHING to do with what islam is doing around the world

In fact people who have beliefs like mine value all peoples lives whether we may agree or not .

In fact NO religion other than islam has any desire for world domination whatsoever.

All other religions are free will,  take it or leave or...its your choice. 

• Like 1

"A Man who is free from oppressive religion is a Man who is truly free within himself"

-ME

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 1

Jim says this……….

"My religion or how I may practice it has NOTHING to do with what islam is doing around the world

In fact people who have beliefs like mine value all peoples lives whether we may agree or not" .

But then he turns around and says this in another thread

"Or run them through a wood chipper and feed them to hogs.Or Anything that in their eye would prevent them from being martyrs and going to muzzy heaven "

What a phony pompous individual.

If your gonna tell stories at least get them straight.

Nope

Anyone who slaughters Innocent people in the name of any  religion deserves the same     

"A Man who is free from oppressive religion is a Man who is truly free within himself"

-ME

The only people who have a strong desire to oppress me or people like me, on religeos precepts are atheists and muslims

Im an old military guy who believes in killing your enemy before he kills you.

No little white gloves, no political correctness Just the facts.

Hundreds of thousands of muslims have plainly claimed their intentions and declared war on all western societies.

There is no doubt the so called moderate ones will follow the lead .

I think you only win a war if you wage war, and you do whatever required to discourage further terrorist attacks.

we had to destroy cities full of civilians in WWII to prevail against the last folks that wanted to dominate the world.

do you think it would be different this time?

These people killed THREE THOUSAND innocent men women and children on 9-11 right here in the USA.

they have killed tens of thousands since then all over the globe.

Thats not a turn the other cheek deal.

And im not in the mood to forgive such barbarism either.

I am also not a coward hiding behind a keyboard under a fake name

Freedom OF religion, can only exist when there is freedom FROM religion.

Believe whatever you want, within the bounds of NOT forcing any of your BULLSHIT on me, and I will not force my BULLSHIT on you.

Threaten me or mine with force, and I reserve the right to kill you first!

• Like 5

This is a reply to Shotgun in message #13

Nope, it is a prime example of how corrupt and sinful Mankind is -- Humans can take the purist most beautiful things and make crap out of it.  Look at what Christians have done during the Inquisition and the Crusades.  It was a complete corruption of what is meant to be learned from the Bible.  I agree with you that all religions are corrupt (some = islam, more than others by magnitudes...) but Christianity, if not influenced and interpreted for personal advantage is a direction for Salvation, peace and love.  Read the Koran and try to make the same statement...

• Like 1

I take religion along the same lines as I do politics, both are close to the same in my opinion. Every man, woman and child is able to make a choice to go in whatever direction they want. I will go in my direction. As soon as you try to force me onto your religion you are violating my right to make a choice of my religion. As soon as I force my religion onto you, same deal. Everyone sticks to their own and no one has any issues. Extremist Muslims want to force their religion onto you. If you don't believe their views, they are at war with you. If someone wants to declare war on me for not believing they're ancient book of made up stories, I will defend myself when the time comes. Plain and simple

• Like 2

Religion is forced upon all of us everyday in one form or another. It is just more apparent to someone like me who does not buy into it.

I can't turn on the TV or even come on a gun forum without having religion shoved down my throat. I don't force my beliefs on anyone

but I sure get others beliefs forced upon me on a daily basis.

It is good that I live in a free country where I can voice my opinion on religion, otherwise I would have been slaughtered years ago for my disbeliefs..

Im an old military guy who believes in killing your enemy before he kills you.

No little white gloves, no political correctness Just the facts.

Hundreds of thousands of muslims have plainly claimed their intentions and declared war on all western societies.

There is no doubt the so called moderate ones will follow the lead .

I think you only win a war if you wage war, and you do whatever required to discourage further terrorist attacks.

we had to destroy cities full of civilians in WWII to prevail against the last folks that wanted to dominate the world.

do you think it would be different this time?

These people killed THREE THOUSAND innocent men women and children on 9-11 right here in the USA.

they have killed tens of thousands since then all over the globe.

Thats not a turn the other cheek deal.

And im not in the mood to forgive such barbarism either.

I am also not a coward hiding behind a keyboard under a fake name

Religious sheep are all the same. They get angry when confronted with the truth.

But your Jesus taught you to forgive. Hows that working for ya.

Religion is forced upon all of us everyday in one form or another. It is just more apparent to someone like me who does not buy into it.

I can't turn on the TV or even come on a gun forum without having religion shoved down my throat. I don't force my beliefs on anyone

It is good that I live in a free country where I can voice my opinion on religion, otherwise I would have been slaughtered years ago for my disbeliefs..

Oh please ...

The existence of religion is not having it shoved down your throat  

• Like 1

I am not religiously oriented. However, your remarks can certainly stand up to logic, common sense and agreement even without any religious context. It might even be getting more mainstream than religion.

Can a leopard change its spots? Is it possible we are seeing just another aspect of the power base that got disenfranchised when the main communist empire collapsed under its own weight in 1989-1990?

Has that power structure just changed it spots and tactics and is now beginning the end game for world dominance? Seems plausible to me, but that is just me. It certainly fits a common denominator.

A new world order? It would certain fit the traits and definitions of evil. I believe we are observing and experiencing the same things; one with a religious orientation, one without. Just me.

HB of CJ (old coot) sometimes I really get PISSED with Lenix Firefox Mozilla because the stupid spell check does not work worth a shit. Half the words I try to use the stupid thing does not recognize. Like now. sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

I'm intrigued, how do you have "others beliefs forced upon" you on a daily basis?  Is it really that easy?  Why are your defenses so weak?  I have no problem being able to filter other opinions and beliefs so they don't rock my world.  Inquiring minds want to know...

• Like 3

That message is in Movies too.... Cuz I had to

Stopped reading and started skimming around post # 8, because I thought here we go again. Question: when someone posts a thread that involves a belief or faith in Jesus, why are there those that feel the need to berate those who believe? Everyone of the these threads devolves into a pissing match where non believers accuse Christians of shoving belief down their throats. I do not see that in the Ops original post. Why can't someone who believes express a thought about faith without being shouted down? Do you all believe in the 2nd Amendment but not the 1st which protects freedom of speech and religion. I love you GOB, but freedom of religion is not freedom from religion. Freedom from religion denotes that religion or belief cannot exist or be expressed. Freedom of religion includes the freedom not to believe. Let's apply that same thought to speech. Freedom from instead of speech. That is what every liberal think tank is trying to shutdown on our side of the gun issue. The option to believe or not is the teaching of Christ as well, the decision to believe is yours and yours alone. I am a follower of Christ, I will not kill you or enslave you if you choose not to believe. I will not wage Jihad against you because you haven't accepted Jesus. Heck, I will probably still have a beer with you, shoot with you, and treat you the same way I do everyone else that isn't a jerk. (As I would want to be treated)

Getting back to the original post and the comment made about the castration of men by the church. If that is being taught in your church, you need to be raising cain (pun intended) with the pastor, doing something within the body to change it, or find another church. God's Word teaches that men are to be leaders in everything...home, family, work, and faith. We are also to be Christlike which is meek and humble. Humility is not weakness, it requires great strength and fortitude. I agree that many men today need to find where their wives and girlfriends have hidden their testicles, but the weakness that we see today in men being leaders is from the influence of worldly political correctness and the evil one, not God's Word. If more Christians would pick it up, study it, and DO what God asks, the world would be a much better place for believers and non believers alike.

• Like 4

PS Shotgun I am unequivocally, undeniably, demanding and forcing you to attend my adult Sunday school this coming Sunday. You will get to hear the Word of God, and together we will pray over you and force you to accept Jesus. :) If not we will behead you and put the footage on YouTube. Look forward to seeing you there.

• Like 3

Jesus blood paid for our (believers) sins. The religion spoken of refers to the commandments. Man is incapable of abiding by all such commands. No one is perfect but many (believers) seek to perfect themselves through a RELATION with the Christ Jesus. You see, it's not about religion, its about relation.

My 2cents.

• Like 5

Freedom OF religion, can only exist when there is freedom FROM religion.

Believe whatever you want, within the bounds of NOT forcing any of your BULLSHIT on me, and I will not force my BULLSHIT on you.

Threaten me or mine with force, and I reserve the right to kill you first!

Nailed it! That was the idea, concerning religion, when we founded the U.S.A.

Everything else is a perversion.

A right to self-defense trumps anyone's desire to kill, for any cause, aetheist or not.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

Squeaky,

We are not a pushover nation.  Our country is not like france, we are not fish in a barrel to be murdered at will.  Our police are heavily armed, our populace is heavily armed, and almost certain death awaits every terrorist who attacks americans in america.  There are very lightly defended places, of course, but as a whole our country is a pretty hard target. 

Radical islam may not be the 'ball busting manly men' they seem to be.  Their attacks seem to focus on unarmed, helpless, and many times innocent people.  They are more cowardly than they are brave.  If they were truly welcoming of death, they would be carrying out operations in the mainland US, in places where they would get a fight.  For all the hatred they speak against our society, they sure dont do much about it.  When they do, they almost always get fucked up.  http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/americanattacks.htm Notice how many of these attacks have taken place in states like NY and Ca.  A very small percentage happen in free states, for very good reason (or by chance idk)

While the pussification of america is in full swing and many churches have chosen to be softer on issues regarded as weak to muslims, they are still not attacking us any more at home.  

We can not conquer the entire islamic threat without turning millions of square miles into glass, murdering millions of innocent people, and waging an all out world war.  To do such a thing in a posture of 'somewhat validated future self defense' is no better than what the terrorists do for their perverted world view.  Stopping islamic terrorism is much more involved than any of us can imagine, and is dependent upon awesome military force, not their third world perception of strength or weakness

Either they hate us for our wealth, or they hate us for our (not mine) religion, or they hate us for our strength, or they hate us for our weakness.  Point is, they hate us and nothing is going to change that.

Edited by Boomsick42
  • Like 2

PS Shotgun I am unequivocally, undeniably, demanding and forcing you to attend my adult Sunday school this coming Sunday. You will get to hear the Word of God, and together we will pray over you and force you to accept Jesus. smile.png If not we will behead you and put the footage on YouTube. Look forward to seeing you there.

Only if you have snacks

• Like 2