Going to a Gun Show Tomorrow. What should I look for?

Look for things that YOU know - I once got a great deal because the pistol had a split mag.  $500 pistol for $199, bought 3 $30 mags online and all worked flawlessly.

Unless you know what you are looking at you will find few bargains. The bargains are only on things the seller is not knowledgeable in!

• Like 2

A CASE, (5000rds) of Winchester Wildcat .22rf for ... wait for it ... for ... $79.95. A case, (1000rds) of Winchester M193 white box 5.56 for ... $169.00. An excellent condition Chinese milled, screwed, chromed, matching SKS for ... $99.95. Admission price ... $2.00 A good barbecued beef sandwich for ... $1.50. Oh well, I can dream on can't I? HB of CJ (old coot) smile.png:)

Edited by HB for speeling gramour, punchuation, etc..

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 2

YIKES! That is cold cold. We are ex Los Angeles CA children, (a long time ago) and now we live in SW OR USA, (about 43N, 123E) and it NEVER hardly gets that cold. The latest long range weather forecasts, (guesses) say we are in for a warm dry winter. Again. No snow at all. This will come back to bite us in the ass come fire season this summer. With cold like you are having, I for one would just stay inside, thank you ... next to the wood stove with my dog. Just me. HB of CJ (old coot) smile.png

• Like 1

I figure it's cheap entertainment on a Sat morning.

Bought my cool Infidel tee-shirt at a gun show...

Yep cheap entertainment on a cold saturday, have 10 degrees right now going back into single digits tonite... Brrrrrr

Sounds like iowa cold

A CASE, (5000rds) of Winchester Wildcat .22rf for ... wait for it ... for ... $79.95. A case, (1000rds) of Winchester M193 white box 5.56 for ... $169.00. An excellent condition Chinese milled, screwed, chromed, matching SKS for ... $99.95. Admission price ... $2.00 A good barbecued beef sandwich for ... $1.50. Oh well, I can dream on can't I? HB of CJ (old coot) :):)Edited by HB for speeling gramour, punchuation, etc..

That's not a dream HB of CJ, that an LSD trip. :)

• Like 2

Let's see...  What would I not expect to find at a gun show...

Good deals on ammo.

Good deals on guns.

Good deals on accessories.

Any form of intelligent life.

What would I expect to find at a gun show...

Seething waves of idiots.

Asshole dealers who think every piece of potmetal junk on their table is made of gold.

Paying too much to park.

Paying too much to get in the gate.

Other than that I love gun shows.

• Like 2

Let's see... What would I not expect to find at a gun show...

Good deals on ammo.

Good deals on guns.

Asshole dealers who think every piece of potmetal junk on their table is made of gold.

Paying too much to park.

Could not be said any better

Good deals on ammo.

Good deals on guns.

Paying too much to park.

Yep. Well said.

Good deals on ammo.

Good deals on guns.

Paying too much to park.

Yep. Well said.

...You guys forgot F-Troop trolling the aisles trying to entrap people into committing a firearms violation. Seen it with my own eyes at Monroeville on more than one occasion, and was approached by an F-Trooper who attempted to coerce me into doing an illegal face to face handgun sale in PA. They should stick to murdering children in their mother's arms, then getting promoted for it.

Sometimes it's worth it just for the munchies available...at inflated prices, but no less delicious.

Some of the hot food vendors at the bigger shows are true artists.

Edited by patriot

Way past the point of the thread but nevertheless. When I do go, which is about every two or three years, I usually just look for curios. Ww1 or 2 items that I know are real. Garand and 1911 parts are actually decently priced here as are ammo cans. And people watching and really bad hotdogs :)

A chick with long legs, big tits, nice ass and swallows.  But then again, that's just me. 

I bet you could bust five (or six) nuts in the fat rolls this guy has. f0ckers.giflaugh.png

Looks like the typical asshole that blocks the whole aisle for 25 minutes at a time at the gun shows I have attended reminiscing about his days attending Para Rescue/Ranger training. rolleyes.gif

post-88-0-81459300-1421021050.jpg

Edited by Gaddis

LOL everything about this picture is cracking me up! First is the fitting room sign above his head...I think the gun is a little small. Do they have a bigger size? Secondly, why is there a fitting room in what appears to be a place they sell firearms (guns on racks on the left), and third the pricing for service on the 1970's style pricing board to his right. Particularly the drill an tap pricing.

So I now have a new idea for the perfect business. Half of the store dedicated to firearms, half the store dedicated to women's fashion. When she spends $300 on a new outfit, I buy a new firearm. It would make shopping with the wife a much more pleasurable experience.

• Like 1

A chick with long legs, big tits, nice ass and swallows.  But then again, that's just me. 

I bet you could bust five (or six) nuts in the fat rolls this guy has. f0ckers.giflaugh.png

Looks like the typical asshole that blocks the whole aisle for 25 minutes at a time at the gun shows I have attended reminiscing about his days attending Para Rescue/Ranger training. rolleyes.gif

Tubby there probably just tucks that MAC between a couple fat rolls for concealed carry. The grease in there would keep it running smooth.

Just GOOD DEALS is what I'm looking for.

I'm really on the hunt for a Browning A5 12guage.

Willing to give my Springfield armory micro compact 1911 up for one.

Turkey season is closing in, ya feel me?

welll look for one like this...

DSCN0090.jpg

Edited by saltydecimator
  • Like 1