Newb with new Vepr 12 - question regarding removing folding stock mech

Hey guys,

I just ordered a VEPR 12 from Atlantic, that comes with the folding metal stock welded open. I really want to put a Magpul stock on it and I have seen a few guys use the Rifle Dynamics M4 stock adapter. I heard the VEPR 12's with fixed tubular stocks are simple to add a stock adapter, but the folders are harder. My question is, if I do not care about retaining the folding ability, can I removed whatever mechanism / receiver end my VEPR 12 with welded open folder comes with and install the Rifle Dynamics adapter?

thanks

Thanks....yea I did a little more research and posted on 4 different forums.....guess the rear trunnion is different so no fixed stock adapter is going to work. Good news for me is CSS has one for folders like you sugested, and Canis Design Group is in development of one as well..........Cant wait to get my VEPR!!! Any tips / tricks to breaking it in? I previously had a mossberg 590 mariner that's action would lock up after every 2 or 3 shots because it would not extract the spent shell correctly.

Yeah, go shoot it and see what it does. Stay away from Winchester Universal "white box".

The Vepr's have a much better track record for new out of the box guns, that run correctly, than the Saiga does.

If you have problems, take note of everything. How, why, what and when.