Kalashnikov-USA Port Saint Lucie,FL 7.62 Questions

First post here so please bear with me. Anything special about Saiga marked Kalashnikov-USA Port Saint Lucie,FL? Longer barrel 20 1/4. Are they more collectable? Value? Thinking of converting and adding nice scope. Seller said unfired and I can't see any signs of it being so. Looks to a safe queen but has lots of safe marks. Any info would be great.
Thanks Scott
Will post pics later.

They sell for the same price new as a 16", but they actually have a lower resale value, because almost no one wants a 20" barrel AK.  The 7.62x39 round is optimized for a 16" barrel, and the extra 4 gains nothing.

Just a longer sight radius and a decent way to start an RPK clone.

That being said, the 20" guns are harder to find.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts about value of this model? Condition is excellent. I can't find a single one for sale on the Web?

Trying to sell but without something to compare it to most people offer a lot less than I value it. Cost of conversion kit was about $175

Thanks Scott

post-50168-0-27157500-1422827151.jpg

Not to disappoint you, but I think any collector's value went out the window when the conversion was done.
If someone wants something rare, they probably would prefer it to be original.   When SLRs are selling brand new for $900, it seems optimistic to expect to get that much for a home converted Saiga unless someone out there really wants the 20" barrel.

I would say you would definitely be ahead to take the $850.  As was said, once it was "restored" it has no collector value anymore.  The demand (and thus price) was much less for the 20" even though they are scarcer.

Edited by imarangemaster

The question is can you replace this "made in Russian"  Saiga with  a quality rifle for that price ? Most of us don't expect this ban/EO to ever be lifted. That will make the Saiga's of all flavors sought after even more. If this was my rifle I'd thread the muzzle, file the mag catch to accept 30 rd. mags, and  add a quad rail on it for a easy full conversion and value of about $1100. /  $1200.

post-48978-0-69044100-1423409587.jpg

Note my Saiga 5.45 shown with full conversion at signature.

Edited by SaigaFL