New 1919 will not fire

I took it in for a customer.  After removing the barrel, I can observe that the firing pin does not come through the bolt face when the trigger is pulled.  I can send it back to Centerfire, but if it is something simple, I would rather save him the time.  Any suggestions?

Jim: Thanks for the prompt reply. I understand about the floating f i ring pin. What Iam saying is thatthe hammer is not striking the rear of the firing pin sufficiently to cause it to break the face of the bolt. It appears that the hammer is not contacting the firing pin at all. That said, any other suggestions? I should mention that i have converted quite a few Saigas and have built dozens of ARs, so I am not totally ignorant of firearms. However, this is the first 1919 that I have handled.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, it might look closed but it only takes a couple of mm to prevent it firing.

When new this happens more often. Its pretty annoying.

Use lots of lube on the bolt and rails, push the bolt forward before firing to make sure its fully in battery. 

And check its clean, maybe the bolt relief in the barrel is gummed up etc.

• 3 weeks later...

The only way to see/feel if the firing pin comes out from the bolt face would be to remove the barrel, and with the barrel removed its unlikely the bolt/carrier would be in the correct position. Try just taking the bolt out and just pushing the back of the firing pin to see if it protrudes the bolt face, if not the pin is broken/missing