• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So far I'm digging the Zhukov handguard. Since this was a converted Saiga, I had no retaining clip to remove/cut so installation was a breeze. The heat shield under the handguard first gets clamped on

Look! another aftermarket company comes late to the party...   Magpul makes decent stuff... but nothing "revolutionary" here...

I love me some 870 fore-end    

Posted Images

Meh.... I do like that they paid homage to the triangle stock with the MOE but that folding stock looks atrocious and the hand guard looks like someone stuck their 870 fore-end on there like Fitty% Tactical (forum member).

That is a good starting price for the reinforced mags.  Of course I'll let others play guinea pig with them and watch the price come down some more while I keep stocking up on surplus mags.      What I really hope is that Arsenal is forced to drop the prices on Circle 10's back down to that level so I can pick up some more of them. 

Edited by SGL
  • Like 1

I am looking forward to trying their folding stock.

I love my Beryl stock but it's more than lacking in the comfort column.
I don't think it looks too bad.  I'm glad it doesn't look just like a MOE or CTR or other AR stock.

As for the handguard, it's Magpul.  They look like every other Magpul handguard and I'm okay with that.

• Like 2

Stocks are ok...handguard, nothing new.  But it won't be going on my AK.  When the metal reinforced mags come out, might get a couple, just because. 

I do however, love the ad.  That was great.

Edited by sjgusmc21
  • Like 2

I love the MagPul STR stock on my 7.62x39.

The stocks look good to me, might have to try one out.

Their handguards have never really thrilled me, but I liked my buddy's on his AR for its tactile feel/grip.

....the hand guard looks like someone stuck their 870 fore-end on there like Fitty% Tactical (forum member).

I love me some 870 fore-end

DSCF1683_zps887ed994.jpg

...and I love that Izhmash logo on there.   The orange isn't my style, but you're definitely pulling it off.

I like the longer hand guard and folding stock. The short hand guard doesn't thrill me for some reason, but I like the 870.

Folding stock looks great and I'll be getting one. I don't like the triangle stock... I doesn't look proportional.

The fixed stock caught my eye right away as my plan is a rd adapter and magpul fcs currently (note I'm in nj). Upon looking at it thought it appears the stock is below being inline with the barrel, wouldn't that make it less of an improvement?

The long forend definitely has my interest though. Was going to go with a MI extended as I want a long forend, but this will probably be a perfect lighter option as I probably won't need anymore ability for attachment then the magpul one needs anyway.

Do we have any details on price or eta on availability?

Edit, found this:

Originally Posted By Hamel:

Just dropped on Facebook:

New For 2015 in the Magpul AK lineup:

PMAG30 AK/AKM GEN M3 -7.62x39 Steel Reinforced AK Magazine, MSRP $26.95

Zhukov-S Folding AK stock- Right side folder for stamped rifles, adjustable LOP, optional cheek risers, integrated QD socket on hinge. Allows use of side mounted optics, allows firing from folded position (without cheek risers). Wedge block interface allows easy fitment and requires no adapters. MSRP $99.95

Zhukov Hand Guard-Extruded and Machined anodized aluminum chassis with Polymer hand guard. M-LOK slots-side slots attach through to aluminum chassis. Ultimak compatible. Requires removal of Hand Guard retainer. Includes upper hand guard/gas tube cover. Fits stamped and milled rifles with 16.75-18.25mm barrels (Measured behind HG retainer) MSRP $99.95

MOE Stock-Fixed triangle stock for stamped rifles. Compatible with Magpul AK cheek risers. Includes storage compartment. Wedge block interface allows easy fitment and requires no adapters. MSRP $59.95

MOE AK Hand Guards- Both MOE Hand Guards install with stock hand guard retainer, extend further forward than stock hand guard, and include a blackened stainless steel heat shield. M-LOK slots. Ultimak compatible. Include upper hand guard/gas tube cover.

MOE AK- Fits AK-pattern rifles with no sling loop on hand guard retainer or rifles with loop removed. Symmetrical design extends forward of retainer on both sides. MSRP $36.95

MOE AKM- Fits AKM, AK-74, and AK 100 pattern rifles with sling loop on hand guard retainer. Allows use of sling loop or can be bridged with any M-LOK cantilever rail product. Asymmetric design requires no modification to rifle. MSRP $36.95

All AK furniture products will also be available in our new color-Plum.

All products shipping Spring 2015. More information and photos coming soon. These products will be at ATAC range day on Monday prior to SHOT show.

Edited by SuRrEaLNJ
  • Like 1

Looks comfortable. The classic '74 stuff is more aesthetically pleasing, but I am sure I would like using a rifle with this on it. Particularly the long forend, if it is rigid enough to mount a QD bipod on.

• Like 1

Thelosticon.

What's up with the magazine in your gun? 0.o

its my own coupled design, im in a high cap ban state. they are 2 15 round tapcos, well 10 round tapcos to be exact with a shortened follower. End result is a 30 round magazine that is the same size as a 30 round but only 15 are fed continuously

• Like 1

What adhesive did you use to couple the mags?

No adhesive, theres an internal coupler that I make out of an injected molded thermalpolymer that gets four roll pins through both mag bodies, and then a jb mix on top to fill the gap between the ribs, topped off with an epoxy grit spray and duracoat.

2015-01-15%2012.24.09_zpst7ymb34f.jpg

• Like 3

I did buy the Magpul grip for my Saiga(improvement over standard AK grip) and a few Gen1 mags for the range.  Only other change I may make is the CTR stock with a riser for using the scope.  I say may because I have an Ironwood stock set on the way I'm going to try to do in Russian Red.

Rifle looks great, and nice job on the mag design. How's it do while shooting? Any rounds jar loose and come out?

There's barely any play after the 15th round is in, just enough slack to insert mag on a closed bolt, never had any drop out even from prone

Edited by thelosticon
  • Like 1

The folding stock has the potential to be better than any other folding stock for the AK. (At least for my needs). It does not block the trigger (like another I tried recently), it can collapse shorter than the Romanian folders, and looks to have a good cheek weld. Price looks good too.

Edited by Jim Digriz
  • Like 1

i like the fact the folder has the hinge built on. most american folders have to have 2 or 3 pieces to work. interested to see their version of plum also. might go with the black stock on my 223. about to refurniture the whole gun to lighten the load.