• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So far I'm digging the Zhukov handguard. Since this was a converted Saiga, I had no retaining clip to remove/cut so installation was a breeze. The heat shield under the handguard first gets clamped on

Look! another aftermarket company comes late to the party...   Magpul makes decent stuff... but nothing "revolutionary" here...

I love me some 870 fore-end    

Posted Images

I'd like to hear how far the Zhukov stock extends from the receiver when collapsed, and whether the hinge and connection point is made of aluminum or steel. Some of the pics make it look a bit cheaply constructed, but that could just be bad photography.

It looks like it's all poly with some steel reinforcements. 

I read that LOP was 12" to 14.5".

I'd like to hear how far the Zhukov stock extends from the receiver when collapsed, and whether the hinge and connection point is made of aluminum or steel. Some of the pics make it look a bit cheaply constructed, but that could just be bad photography.

It looks like it's all poly with some steel reinforcements. 

I read that LOP was 12" to 14.5".

Bummer. It sounds a bit Tapco-ish then. Also, the low end of the length of pull is a half-inch less than a Warsaw Stock. I'm looking for something shorter when collapsed.

• 3 months later...

So far I'm digging the Zhukov handguard. Since this was a converted Saiga, I had no retaining clip to remove/cut so installation was a breeze. The heat shield under the handguard first gets clamped onto the barrel, then you slip the handguard over that. There is absolutely no wiggle at all which I love. Feels great and goes with the rest of the look I was looking for.

The only problem I have now is that I want to get another AK so I can leave that it's the traditional furniture.

image.jpg1_zps9xjzceys.jpg

image.jpg3_zps6ev6clav.jpg

image.jpg5_zpswgvwms2m.jpg

image.jpg1_zpstpgqvxtu.jpg

image.jpg4_zps0zqlgctd.jpg

• Like 5

Meh.

Yeah...kinda my feeling. I've never had a big affection for Magpul.... its was like slightly upgraded Tapco gear. I like some of the Aluminium AK guards out there but that hand-guard just screams AR....

I have my AR's done up in it and couldn't be happier. I just don't care for their AK stuff, although their long AK handguard looks good with the right configuration (like post #31, minus the butt stock).

Edited by Mullet Man

With some help from a member on another forum, this is what my 223 will look like.

Just got off the phone with a local guy and was quoted $125 to chop the barrel to 14.5, thread and pin the comp to 16"

Magpul223.jpg

So did you get it done and if so who did it?

• Like 1

Got my Zhukov stock late last week. It's way lighter than expected, almost too light (for balance purposes). I'm pretty happy with it.

You can always add all possible M-lok aluminum rails, a flashlight, two lasers, VG full of batteries, bipod, rail covers, etc. to bring the weight up.

Got my Zhukov stock late last week. It's way lighter than expected, almost too light (for balance purposes). I'm pretty happy with it.

You can always add all possible M-lok aluminum rails, a flashlight, two lasers, VG full of batteries, bipod, rail covers, etc. to bring the weight up.
I never considered putting those things on a buttstock before, but if you think it will help...

;-)

Edited by Jim Digriz
  • Like 2

With some help from a member on another forum, this is what my 223 will look like.

Just got off the phone with a local guy and was quoted $125 to chop the barrel to 14.5, thread and pin the comp to 16"

Magpul223.jpg

So did you get it done and if so who did it?

Not yet.  Still need to order the handguard too.

Picked up a WASR so thats where my money went currently.

• 3 weeks later...

So the stock is super light then? I was contemplating putting one on my 20" Vepr x54R but I'm a little worried about it holding up. CNC Warrior is out of stock on their ar tube folders for the Veprs and I don't really want to use ace. I do like that Magpul folder though. Just maybe on a lighter duty rifle

• Like 1

So the stock is super light then? I was contemplating putting one on my 20" Vepr x54R but I'm a little worried about it holding up. CNC Warrior is out of stock on their ar tube folders for the Veprs and I don't really want to use ace. I do like that Magpul folder though. Just maybe on a lighter duty rifle

Why would it need to be on a lighter duty rifle? It's plenty durable.

Why would it need to be on a lighter duty rifle? It's plenty durable.
Well I have not held one so I was curious about what others thought about its durability. The Bonesteel folders are very stout in my opinion so when I got my newest x54r Vepr the Bonesteel made sense. After hearing (and watching a couple videos) regarding the Zhukov stocks I feel less skeptical and I most likely will be purchasing one. Does anyone know anywhere that ISN'T out of the black colored Zhukov folder? Went to most of my usual places and looks like I may be painting a plum hehe.

Well I have not held one so I was curious about what others thought about its durability. The Bonesteel folders are very stout in my opinion so when I got my newest x54r Vepr the Bonesteel made sense. After hearing (and watching a couple videos) regarding the Zhukov stocks I feel less skeptical and I most likely will be purchasing one. Does anyone know anywhere that ISN'T out of the black colored Zhukov folder? Went to most of my usual places and looks like I may be painting a plum hehe.

Look for the AK Operator's Union video about the Magpul furniture. They beat on it quite a bit and certified it good to go. (It did finally break when they ran over it with a truck while the stock was folded). The fact that it is lightweight doesn't mean it is fragile. The K-Var fixed stock is even lighter than the Zhukov but won't be breaking without a ton of abuse.

I had a Bonesteel Arms folder with CTR stock on mine before going to the Zhukov. Nothing bad to say about the Bonesteel stuff, except that it is very heavy with the CTR stock compared to the Zhukov. I find the Zhukov more satisfying.

Just got the Zhukov handguard yesterday and unlike the stock, it's heavy.  I was on the fence between going ultimak or side mount for an optic (or good railed top cover) and now that the zhukov is installed there is no way I am putting an optic out there too.

Anyone have a pic of the Zhukov stock with a cheek riser in the open position?

18942640941_d6fcbd18dc_b.jpg

Folded by David Pyzik, on Flickr

• Like 1

Just watched the video. Looks pretty good I think I'm gonna order one. Looks very comfortable too.

The stock is comfortable and light, but looks ugly.

The forearm looks good and is comfortable but is heavy.  Haha