http://gunssavelives.net/gear/video-game-changer-magpul-unveils-new-60-round-drug-magazine-the-d60/

Game Changer? Magpul Unveils New 60 Round Drum Magazine – The D60
January 13 2015
by Dan Cannon

Did Magpul just change the magazine game again? It certainly looks like it.

In a video released today, Magpul unveiled their new D60 drum magazine. Magpul is known for their highly reliable 30 and 40 round PMags. If they can bring the same reliability to an affordable drum magazine it’s bound to be a huge success.

As its name implies, the drum features 60 rounds of fun. In addition to increased capacity, the drum has some pretty cool features. It seems to break down easily for cleaning, includes a window to estimate remaining round count, and is shorter than a standard 30 round PMag.

Some readers will also be interested to find out that this drum is advertised to work with the IWI Tavar SAR rifles. These rifles are incompatible with many of the current AR-15 drums on the market due to the magwell. Of course they also work with all other STANAG magazine guns.

So what is this thing going to run you? MSRP is listed at $129.99.

Expect these to start shipping in late spring – summer of this year.

I’ll be sure to check these out for you guys at the SHOT Show range day on Monday, so check back for more information.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

With 10 more rounds than the X15 drum for a few dollars less, I'd say this is evolutionary, not revolutionary.

If the MSRP holds and they sell for a bit less after the fanfare dies down, then its 10rds more & $150 less +/-.

Thats not exactly a few dollars.

Yeah, a plastic AK drum would be great since all we have now is cheap reliable metal ones.

OK, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.

Yeah, because we all know what a POS the MD20 is, I mean it is just so fragile.

I bet if Mike had made them for rifle calibers they'd be crap too.

And we all know MagPul is renowned for their production of pure crap.

Lets face it they're not all reliable, and the good ones aren't exactly cheap either.

Whats wrong with a brand new, light weight, rugged & reasonably priced drum?

With 10 more rounds than the X15 drum for a few dollars less, I'd say this is evolutionary, not revolutionary.

If the MSRP holds and they sell for a bit less after the fanfare dies down, then its 10rds more & $150 less +/-.

Thats not exactly a few dollars.

The X15 drum is only $150 so if this drum is $150 less I'll take 20 million please.

I just get tired of hearing that somebody is "redefining" something when they're only doing what somebody else has done in a slightly different way.  Magpul "redefined" the AR mag world by being the right product at the right time.  They get credit and I do have a "few" pmags.  (Few meaning a lot).

And I'm not opposed to newer lighter faster more reliable.  But who's going to spend the coin to develop such a thing when they have to sell it against the $65 rommy?  Point is, I know enough about the business world to know that's a long shot.  Loooooong shot.  But somebody prove me wrong and I'll buy it.

MD did a great thing too.  Great product that filled a hole in the market.  If there was already an imported military drum that sold for under $100 the story may have been different.  Ya think?

Just saying the comparison isn't 100% valid Mr Advocate.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Everywhere I look the X15 .223 retail new for $240-$275.

ETA: Well I just saw it at CTD for $161, how they manage that price seems funky considering other retailers.

But that is a gimme... If you're willing to give CTD money.

The AR version is obviously becoming a reality, a few changes & an AK version isn't far off if they think they'll make money on it.

Edited by ChileRelleno

$150 on gun-broke-r for the X-15.

I'm not really interested in an AR drum.  The 60rd Surefire seems like a better option to me and it sells for half the price.

Edited by Darth Saigus

I'd rather see more effort put forth in casket mag development and proliferation for both the ak and ar but that's just me.

The rep claimed that when they did testing, it was much easier to bump quad-stack mags to the point where it would jar the round order and start to misfeed. The drum handled rough treatment much better, and also gave a lower overall profile.

I mean I like the product, but the whole reason I picked up 300BLK is because of parts commonality with the 5.56 AR15. If I cant move spare parts and mags back and forth, im not interested.